Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 1981 VW Nova Mk1 restoration

Quote Originally Posted by Supanovakit View Post
    Hi Steve,
    Ideally would only do one build, but don’t want to let the other one go if it is broken up. Not enough Novas about, so would rather get it to a stage when someone would finish it
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That is great that you are taking on both. They look like great projects. It would be such a shame if one was lost to spares. Projects don't need to have logical outcomes, or to make sense to the wider world. You can fix, restore, renovate, enjoy the process, especially if you have a working car and fancy doing some work on a broken one, it stops the temptation to tackle jobs that don't really need doing!

You are right there John. Plus you can try out ideas on the second one, perfecting them before putting on the running one.

Will just take my time with them both and hopefully get the one on the road for Stoneleigh next year

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Will just take my time with them both and hopefully get the one on the road for Stoneleigh next year

I love your optimism, I think we have all made statements like that, I know I have when I first got my Avante that apparently only needed body work to finish it

Dirk

I know Dirk, but if I say Stoneleigh 2021 I won’t get as much done this winter. So, start at 7 months and see how I get on!

Have always liked the look of the 2 pod dash, but think the amount of gauges is a bit over the top. Useful for the information it gets, but not sure about having them on the passenger pod. Got to look at relocating and rationalising.

Have always liked the look of the 2 pod dash, but think the amount of gauges is a bit over the top. Useful for the information it gets, but not sure about having them on the passenger pod. Got to look at relocating and rationalising.
    You could make a new pod and have the face of it angled toward the driver so the gauges are easier to read.

I've never seen the point of a vacuum gauge, I think that is what the bottom left one is? perhaps it was just fitted for symmetry. Throw them all away and fit a digi dash in the one pod.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Agree that you should junk those guages.
    2 pods is a nice look to the interior, but I wouldn't know what to put on the passengers pod.

I have the Mk 1 Dash and I plan on using a single pod,
    I like the idea of a digi-dash but I can't find one I like.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I've never seen the point of a vacuum gauge, I think that is what the bottom left one is? perhaps it was just fitted for symmetry. Throw them all away and fit a digi dash in the one pod.

Dirk
    A vacuum gauge is a very handy tool
    Having a vacuum gauge can help track down problems that can hurt engine performance before they become a real problem.

https://www.classiccarrestorationclu...ubleshooting/#