Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 1981 VW Nova Mk1 restoration

Mick of Micksrednova had all the figures because his son was doing a project on it I think.....
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Canopy with all glasses and complete wipersystem have 52 kg.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    You could make a new pod and have the face of it angled toward the driver so the gauges are easier to read.
    Alan,

You were saying that you've always liked the look of the 2 pod dash, but you think there are too many gauges on yours and so you want to relocate and rationalise them.

I've got a Mk2 dash which I was intending to change to a 'standard' Mk1 with 2 pods, but I came across this old photo which adapts a single pod without compromising the design of the pod too much. It also angles the face of the pod towards the driver as Brett suggests.

... so I'm thinking about creating something similar once I get to that stage in my restoration

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    now that looks neat! `¨)

Hi Alistair,
    I have photos of the same car, thatís the one with the low back and the testarossa side skirts I think. HET 284E. Nice interior.
    I like the one that was in Sam Cobleys blue one too, without the pods.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supanovakit View Post
    Hi Alistair,
    I have photos of the same car, thatís the one with the low back and the testarossa side skirts I think. HET 284E. Nice interior.
    I like the one that was in Sam Cobleys blue one too, without the pods.

Hi Alan,

Yes, I've got some photos of it too. It turned up for sale a couple of years ago (a trader in mainland Europe somewhere) for about £7.5K I recall, but I don't know if it ever sold. The rear end wasn't to my taste, but the interior was really nice!

I think the dash in Sam's car would be his own design (which became the Mk4 dash). Funnily enough, Sam's blue nova had a bit of a 'flat' rear end going on like HET 284E, but it wasn't nearly as low. Sam's car was a really nice example of the Nova ... I know he's on the Forum, but I don't know if he's still got his Nova?

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I know he's on the Forum, but I don't know if he's still got his Nova?

Alistair

No its was sold as part of the sale of the company

Samís car was really nice. I wonder where it is now.