Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Recommendations for a Photo Hosting Website?

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Thanks for trying Dan. David uses vgy.me so hopefully he'll be able to help. I'll wait for him to wake up (it's 3.40am in Singapore just now)

alistair

Success! ... I found the right link on vgy.me

(post #9 above now includes the photo within the text)

Alistair

Excellent!
    Euro-Nova Big Cheese!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Success! ... I found the right link on vgy.me

(post #9 above now includes the photo within the text)

Alistair
    cool, saved me digging it out. As you found VGY.ME provides a range of links you can just copy and paste for different applications

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    cool, saved me digging it out. As you found VGY.ME provides a range of links you can just copy and paste for different applications
    Cheers David

I was concerned about the syncing facilities of most other web hosting sites in relation to the question of privacy and these sites being hacked, etc

vgy.me allows you to upload just the specific files you want which suits me fine. I’m a bit old fashioned and prefer to keep all my important stuff backed up on a remote hard drive where I can see it .... unlike all these ‘syncing clouds’

Anyway, thanks for recommending vgy.me

Alistair

Cheers David

I was concerned about the syncing facilities of most other web hosting sites in relation to the question of privacy and these sites being hacked, etc

vgy.me allows you to upload just the specific files you want which suits me fine. I’m a bit old fashioned and prefer to keep all my important stuff backed up on a remote hard drive where I can see it .... unlike all these ‘syncing clouds’

Anyway, thanks for recommending vgy.me

Alistair
    No worries, although I can't take the credit as Lauren was the first to use it and recommend it on the site

vgy.me photo hosting - Islandman & Spacenut

Hi David and Lauren,

As the only other users of the vgy.me photo hosting site that I’m aware of .... are you having any problems accessing the site just now? My anti virus software (Norton) is blocking the site, saying it’s a “known dangerous web page” and highly recommending that I don’t visit it.

Just wanted to bounce it off you, and let you know, before I look for an alternative hosting site. Just glad I’m a bit old fashioned and keep everything backed up on an external hard drive.

Alistair

Hi David and Lauren,

As the only other users of the vgy.me photo hosting site that I’m aware of .... are you having any problems accessing the site just now? My anti virus software (Norton) is blocking the site, saying it’s a “known dangerous web page” and highly recommending that I don’t visit it.

Just wanted to bounce it off you, and let you know, before I look for an alternative hosting site. Just glad I’m a bit old fashioned and keep everything backed up on an external hard drive.

Alistair
    I have been on VGY,me ever since Photo bucket got greedy (and have since backed off to a watermark policy) I found it very good, I have 8 albums and 268 uploads so far. also have back up of all photos and my wed sites on a USB drive. The one thing I HATE is cookies, ever since the advent of the 'data protection' EU thingy every Tom, Dick and Helen has been harvesting details, (only for data collection, of course, right!) never used to have so many cookies, I always clear ALL options, never accept conditions as is.

Rant over
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi David and Lauren,

Alistair
    Slightly off-topic...

I used to have Anti-virus software on my PCs going back years (McAfee, Norton, whatever), in fact I used to have a 3-User Norton licence to cover my Dad's PC as well as my 2.

Then about 5 years ago, after seeing some related forum Posts - I cancelled the subscription and uninstalled the software!

And for the next 5 years: Nothing happened.
    Apart from me saving some money and not getting occasional glitches such as the one you are seeing with your fileshare host.

I reckon if you are careful about where you click, and you don't (have kids or) download random software from questionable sources, AV software is unnecessary;
    Just my 002.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Slightly off-topic...

I used to have Anti-virus software on my PCs going back years (McAfee, Norton, whatever), in fact I used to have a 3-User Norton licence to cover my Dad's PC as well as my 2.

Then about 5 years ago, after seeing some related forum Posts - I cancelled the subscription and uninstalled the software!

And for the next 5 years: Nothing happened.
    Apart from me saving some money and not getting occasional glitches such as the one you are seeing with your fileshare host.

I reckon if you are careful about where you click, and you don't (have kids or) download random software from questionable sources, AV software is unnecessary;
    Just my 002.

But never mind, I am sure a lot of so called viruses are put out by the anti-virus software companies. I have Total AV and apart from the updates and one malware, nothing on any of my devices, mind you, it is nice to be told that a download DOES contain malware etc. so for €19 a year,
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl