Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 20 of 20

Thread: Nova for sale at Auction this saturday

  1. #11
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,272
    Sold for £500 (and no, it wasn’t me!)
    Alistair

  2. #12
    Someone’s got a bargain there I think.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #13
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,483
    It wasn't as good as it appeared in the advert. One of the side panels is missing the gel coat is discolored, the windscreen is milky on the edges. Strangely as well there has been a sunroof hole on the outer-skin of the roof that has been badly filled but there didn't appear to be a hole on the inner skin!!
    Looking closely at the rear number plate space I think the reg number for the chassis is YGA 904J Which comes back as a VW Beetle 1285cc

    Dirk

  4. #14
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Hampshire, UK
    Posts
    5,233
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Strangely as well there has been a sunroof hole on the outer-skin of the roof that has been badly filled but there didn't appear to be a hole on the inner skin!!
    I thought there was something odd about the profile of the roof...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

  5. #15
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,272
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    It wasn't as good as it appeared in the advert. One of the side panels is missing the gel coat is discolored, the windscreen is milky on the edges. Strangely as well there has been a sunroof hole on the outer-skin of the roof that has been badly filled but there didn't appear to be a hole on the inner skin!!
    Looking closely at the rear number plate space I think the reg number for the chassis is YGA 904J Which comes back as a VW Beetle 1285cc

    Dirk
    Sounds like you took a trip over there right enough Dirk?

    I see the Ford Hot Rod went for £6200 .... so is it joining your Avante and Novas?

    Alistair

  6. #16
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Sounds like you took a trip over there right enough Dirk?

    I see the Ford Hot Rod went for £6200 .... so is it joining your Avante and Novas?

    Alistair
    I did go over it was a good day apart from the rain, lots of the cars where basket cases and only good for braking, there was a trader in front of us and that is what he does buys old classics and brakes them, minuets after one of the lots he bought a bloke came over and offered him half of what he bought the car for just for the 2 wings.
    For me there where a few surprises with what cars went for the 3 dr Range Rover £13,500 WTF £4k for the Hustler, the Panther going for £6,200 all of these cars need total rebuilds. now I'm not a car expert and do not have a great deal of knowledge on most cars I like what I like and I'm not really interested in other things so there where cars there that I had never heard of the NSU ? the Bristol I didn't know that one and as the bids hit £10k I had to google it I was looking at a car that I thought was a pile of junk and would not give you £500 for it, it went for £12k but finished examples go for £50 / £60k so perhaps some one got a bargain? Apparently this is just the first auction of cars from this estate so there might be another one.

    Dirk

  7. #17
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post

    I see the Ford Hot Rod went for £6200 .... so is it joining your Avante and Novas?

    Alistair
    It did look fantastic even though it is so far off my normal fancy (2 seater low as you can go wedge shape) But no its not joining the stable.

    Dirk

  8. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    I did go over it was a good day apart from the rain, lots of the cars where basket cases and only good for braking, there was a trader in front of us and that is what he does buys old classics and brakes them, minuets after one of the lots he bought a bloke came over and offered him half of what he bought the car for just for the 2 wings.
    For me there where a few surprises with what cars went for the 3 dr Range Rover £13,500 WTF £4k for the Hustler, the Panther going for £6,200 all of these cars need total rebuilds. now I'm not a car expert and do not have a great deal of knowledge on most cars I like what I like and I'm not really interested in other things so there where cars there that I had never heard of the NSU ? the Bristol I didn't know that one and as the bids hit £10k I had to google it I was looking at a car that I thought was a pile of junk and would not give you £500 for it, it went for £12k but finished examples go for £50 / £60k so perhaps some one got a bargain? Apparently this is just the first auction of cars from this estate so there might be another one.

    Dirk
    well you didn't deny you bought it . ......so has it joined your stable?

  9. #19
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,483
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    well you didn't deny you bought it . ......so has it joined your stable?
    No I had a cheeky bid, but had already set my limit at £500, the black one I have got body wise isn't much worse than that one, all be it hasn't got the rear panel, but then I made my rear panel on the last Nova. I have got 2 roofs a MK1 and a Mk2 the Mk2 has a sun roof and is in good condition The MK1 is in poor condition but has the removable panel (well the hole for one) and that appeals to me so that will be the one I will use. I like the option if I wanted to take it to track days and had to wear a helmet I could make 2 panels and have one like the GT40 with a helmet dome.

    Dirk

  10. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    It wasn't as good as it appeared in the advert. One of the side panels is missing the gel coat is discolored, the windscreen is milky on the edges. Strangely as well there has been a sunroof hole on the outer-skin of the roof that has been badly filled but there didn't appear to be a hole on the inner skin!!
    Looking closely at the rear number plate space I think the reg number for the chassis is YGA 904J Which comes back as a VW Beetle 1285cc

    Dirk
    That is really interesting info about the number plate. Great detective work. Hopefully that might be enough to get that car back on the road, or at least a Beetle V5 for starters. If a dealer has bought the car that information could easily get lost so we need to remember it for the new owner!!! My other half was pushing me to get this one for spares, ready for when we get our Nova! There is also a 22% surcharge on each lot payable which makes a big difference on the big money lots like that 2 door Range Rover. I have noticed that in general classic car prices have fallen strongly recently, so some of the prices were a surprise. I think some were OTT. However the 2 door XJ6 "XJ-C" fetched just over £3K which made it a reasonable project for a Jag fan.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •