Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Nova alert

Well that welding is nice and clean, better than me and my 1990s Clarkeweld 120e Mk2 can do!

I have recently bought some welding toys (TIG). Still need mucho practise.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sector View Post
    Not to sound ignorant but what is a big deal about this chassis. Anyone with a welder can build one in fairly short amount of time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

What happened to the infamous Shashi Vyas and the plans for the Nova? The last I heard it was going to be developed as a race car. There were photoshopped photos of the car in front of a jet and promises of great things. Rumours of it being developed in India, and then nothing. Did they just do nothing but talk bull, or did they actually try anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's a lot of nonsense (or carefully crafted web information - depending on your point of view) about producing an electric Nova as a peoples car in India and seeking vast amounts of funding to develop it. It's hard to imagine a much less suitable car for a country with large families, very rough roads, impatiant and none to brilliant drivers and extremes of hot and wet weather, or a much less suitable vehicle to shoe-horn batteries into but what do I know?
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Sold for £430 - anyone on here get it?
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    There's a lot of nonsense (or carefully crafted web information - depending on your point of view) about producing an electric Nova as a peoples car in India and seeking vast amounts of funding to develop it. It's hard to imagine a much less suitable car for a country with large families, very rough roads, impatiant and none to brilliant drivers and extremes of hot and wet weather, or a much less suitable vehicle to shoe-horn batteries into but what do I know?
    Quite a lot as it happens Alex.

The fastest car over 1/4 mile is an EV Eagle SS by True Cousins in Belgium. but really just a light SS shell over a spine and tube chassis.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A06Ba9FfEJU
    Last edited by Peter; 22-11-2019 at 11:09 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl