Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Nova alert

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

Could that be one of the fabled Sam Cobley chassis? Somebody please save that chopped about shell from a-mouldering.....
    Last edited by Alzax3; 14-11-2019 at 08:01 PM.
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Well that's... hmmm... uh....

Someone save the chassis...

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Certainly looks like it could be one of Sam's chassis, although there isn't much of the running gear to help identify it. The Alfa V6 car that popped up a few years ago still had it's XR3 uprights at the back which was a bit of a giveaway. This chassis doesn't look like it has ever got to the rolling stage, let alone the road.

That bodyshell has been hacked about a bit! I suppose the extra width was added to accommodate those huge wheels and tyres. Steering kick-back could be an issue...
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hmmm ... shame that someone's ambitious aspirations have not been realised because it'll be a huge task to get that on the road now. To be honest the only thing that would interest me is the Mk1 bonnet!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hmmm ... shame that someone's ambitious aspirations have not been realised because it'll be a huge task to get that on the road now. To be honest the only thing that would interest me is the Mk1 bonnet!

Alistair
    Agreed. Nice welding on that frame! Very neat, no spatter.

Widened chassis, would make a great track day car, a big bug engine, twin turbos, off to the Nurburg ring! What a youtube video that would make!

As much as I've tried to back research all I can about the cars, I can't find much about Cobley's chassis efforts. Is there something somewhere about those? I'm trying to convince my partner to purchase this thing and bring it to the States for research purposes :-)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by letterman7 View Post
    As much as I've tried to back research all I can about the cars, I can't find much about Cobley's chassis efforts. Is there something somewhere about those? I'm trying to convince my partner to purchase this thing and bring it to the States for research purposes :-)
    Hi LM7,

I see someone's put a bid in for the £145 starting price.

Here's an old thread from the forum which includes some background to the Cobley chassis. Apparently only 3 were built, and unless things have changed in the last 10 years, none ever got as far as being roadworthy ....

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...lfa-spaceframe

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by letterman7 View Post
    Well, I live in London (hour or two from the vendor) I might be able to help in picking up the car,
    I can store it *short-term* (days) while you get overseas transport arranged.
    I don't need paying but I would need you to cover costs of vehicle hire, petrol etc.

Thanks Bluenova and Steve! I don't think my partner made that opening bid - I made him aware of the auction and he seemed interested, but we haven't talked about it since then. You never know - and thank you for the kind gesture! IF he does decide on that, I will certainly let you know - and you would be compensated for your time, of course.