Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Complete Kit Car (Dec 2019 issue)

  1. #1
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,651

    Complete Kit Car (Dec 2019 issue)

    Just bought the Dec issue of Complete Kit Car and found ….

    1. A great report by James on the removal and repair of his canopy

    2. Dirk getting a credit in Simon Skelding’s report on the restoration of the red Avante he bought at Stones last year

    …and last but by no means least, a photo of MY NOVA alongside the Letter of the Month, titled ‘Nova Flashbacks’



    By the way, I've not infringed copyright of the photo .... I got a hard copy of this photo with the car when I bought her.

    The letter's written by Mike Abel from Aberdeen … he’s the guy I bought the car from and he must dip into the Forum once in a while because he says “The guy who bought it from me was a Nova fan and after lying unused for a while he is now restoring it.” He makes it sound like I bought it from him just a few years ago … but it was way back in 1986!!

    Alistair

  2. #2
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,674
    All positive stuff for the marque and the forum, the VW Beetle photo shoot goes to print this Friday ready for next month issue so even more exposure

    Dirk

  3. #3
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    All positive stuff for the marque and the forum, the VW Beetle photo shoot goes to print this Friday ready for next month issue so even more exposure

    Dirk
    Excellent Dirk ... I’m really looking forward to seeing that issue!

  4. #4
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,248
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Just bought the Dec issue of Complete Kit Car and found ….

    1. A great report by James on the removal and repair of his canopy

    2. Dirk getting a credit in Simon Skelding’s report on the restoration of the red Avante he bought at Stones last year

    …and last but by no means least, a photo of MY NOVA alongside the Letter of the Month, titled ‘Nova Flashbacks’



    By the way, I've not infringed copyright of the photo .... I got a hard copy of this photo with the car when I bought her.

    The letter's written by Mike Abel from Aberdeen … he’s the guy I bought the car from and he must dip into the Forum once in a while because he says “The guy who bought it from me was a Nova fan and after lying unused for a while he is now restoring it.” He makes it sound like I bought it from him just a few years ago … but it was way back in 1986!!

    Alistair
    Looking nice in red mate, I will try to pick-up those CKC issues :-)

  5. #5
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,651
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Looking nice in red mate, I will try to pick-up those CKC issues :-)
    Thanks Steve. My Nova started out red (look at the edging of the headlamp covers) but the gel coat had changed to a sort of orange/brownish colour when I bought her. Must have been a reaction with sunlight because the inside of the cockpit (which was covered with carpet fabric) is still a true red!

    ... Jim's report and Simon's (on the red Avante) are worth a read, but I should warn you that the photo of my Nova in CKC is about the size of a large postage stamp! Nevertheless, I emailed CKC tonight to say "That's my Nova!". I attached a selection of photos and gave them a link to the Forum to try to raise our profile.

    Seeing my Nova 'in print' has reminded me that I really need to get back to Buffy's '5 mins a day' routine and make some progress!!

    Alistair

  6. #6
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,651
    Just got the Feb issue of Complete Kit Car and it's a good issue for all things Nova/Avante!

    They've printed my reply to my Nova's previous owner's letter in the Dec issue, along with a couple of photos of my Nova. Also, it's great to see Rob's ('bobberuk') yellow Nova there too (letter of the month).

    Good to see James is still progressing with the repairs to his Nova following the incident with his bonnet, and I'm absolutely loving the reports on Simon's mid engined Avante! That's one hell of a rolling chassis he's built!!

    All in all a very positive start to 2020 for Novas and Avantes in the kit car press!

    Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 06-01-2020 at 06:10 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •