Thread: Complete Kit Car (Dec 2019 issue)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar

Complete Kit Car (Dec 2019 issue)

Just bought the Dec issue of Complete Kit Car and found ….

1. A great report by James on the removal and repair of his canopy

2. Dirk getting a credit in Simon Skelding’s report on the restoration of the red Avante he bought at Stones last year

…and last but by no means least, a photo of MY NOVA alongside the Letter of the Month, titled ‘Nova Flashbacks’

By the way, I've not infringed copyright of the photo .... I got a hard copy of this photo with the car when I bought her.

The letter's written by Mike Abel from Aberdeen … he’s the guy I bought the car from and he must dip into the Forum once in a while because he says “The guy who bought it from me was a Nova fan and after lying unused for a while he is now restoring it.” He makes it sound like I bought it from him just a few years ago … but it was way back in 1986!!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    All positive stuff for the marque and the forum, the VW Beetle photo shoot goes to print this Friday ready for next month issue so even more exposure

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    All positive stuff for the marque and the forum, the VW Beetle photo shoot goes to print this Friday ready for next month issue so even more exposure

Dirk
    Excellent Dirk ... I’m really looking forward to seeing that issue!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Just bought the Dec issue of Complete Kit Car and found ….

1. A great report by James on the removal and repair of his canopy

2. Dirk getting a credit in Simon Skelding’s report on the restoration of the red Avante he bought at Stones last year

…and last but by no means least, a photo of MY NOVA alongside the Letter of the Month, titled ‘Nova Flashbacks’

By the way, I've not infringed copyright of the photo .... I got a hard copy of this photo with the car when I bought her.

The letter's written by Mike Abel from Aberdeen … he’s the guy I bought the car from and he must dip into the Forum once in a while because he says “The guy who bought it from me was a Nova fan and after lying unused for a while he is now restoring it.” He makes it sound like I bought it from him just a few years ago … but it was way back in 1986!!

Alistair
    Looking nice in red mate, I will try to pick-up those CKC issues :-)

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Looking nice in red mate, I will try to pick-up those CKC issues :-)
    Thanks Steve. My Nova started out red (look at the edging of the headlamp covers) but the gel coat had changed to a sort of orange/brownish colour when I bought her. Must have been a reaction with sunlight because the inside of the cockpit (which was covered with carpet fabric) is still a true red!

... Jim's report and Simon's (on the red Avante) are worth a read, but I should warn you that the photo of my Nova in CKC is about the size of a large postage stamp! Nevertheless, I emailed CKC tonight to say "That's my Nova!". I attached a selection of photos and gave them a link to the Forum to try to raise our profile.

Seeing my Nova 'in print' has reminded me that I really need to get back to Buffy's '5 mins a day' routine and make some progress!!

Alistair