Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Green Machine - On the Road...

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Well, I finally understand this after reading it 3 times (a reflection on the reader not the author), great solution, great work.

I am thinking of using 2x PC cooling fans to supply side window vents on my build, mounted in the dash base.
    Perhaps 30mm fans to fit under the dash base on either side. 3D print the ducting & fittings.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    [...]
    Regards sealing, I used to sell Repairite neoprene sealant in a tube, one of the very few products that actually did what it said on the box. Even Walls Ice cream used it on their machines. put a bead along the joint and cover with cling film, when set remove film, trim and fit cover or don't use film and use as a glue.
    I will have to Google that product, I am wondering if it could help with the canopy/roof seal (behind the occupants heads) a job I am dreading ..

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I have to say that LED lights certainly chuck out a lot of lums, very pleased with the results on mine but I now have the E mark question, is there one, do they comply?

Regards sealing, I used to sell Repairite neoprene sealant in a tube, one of the very few products that actually did what it said on the box. Even Walls Ice cream used it on their machines. put a bead along the joint and cover with cling film, when set remove film, trim and fit cover or don't use film and use as a glue.
    Hi Peter - that sounds like an interesting product, I will have to check it out. The method of application is exactly what I was considering for the PU adhesive. Once the cling film (or other non-stick media) is removed and the adhesive cured, the covers should fit so closely that little or no water should get in.

I think that once I can cut the water ingress down, the fans should be able to keep the condensation at bay.

As for the LED lights, if they are not obligatory then they could be disconnected for road use. The widespread adoption of DRLs has allowed a lot of certified LEDs into the marketplace, but the big light bars are for off-road use only, at least in the UK. I think that applies to aftermarket LED headlights as well.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I will have to Google that product, I am wondering if it could help with the canopy/roof seal (behind the occupants heads) a job I am dreading ..
    Not sure if Repairite ltd is still going, judging by the dismal failure of the products I was supposed to demonstrate I would be surprised.
    neoprene in a tube is different to Sikaflex though but I use that now days.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl