Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Green Machine - On the Road...

Or plastic pop on covers for x heads from DIY.

I know what you are going through, see my thread.

Well, your toe bone connected to your foot bone
    Your foot bone connected to your heel bone
    Your heel bone connected to your ankle bone
    Your ankle bone connected to your leg bone
    Your leg bone connected to your knee bone
    Your knee bone connected to your thigh bone
    Your thigh bone connected to your hip bone
    Your hip bone connected to your back bone
    Your back bone connected to your shoulder bone
    Your shoulder bone connected to your neck bone
    Your neck bone connected to your head bone
    I hear the word of the Lord!

Lord I feel old (er)

Last edited by Peter; 05-01-2020 at 12:36 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    […]
    Unfortunately the likely source of the leak is the joint for the heater matrix pipes, which run along channels at the bottom of the centre tunnel and are covered by the tunnel moulding. It is unfortunate as this is one of the more inaccessible areas of the car.
    […]
    What a pain! Maybe there will be a opportunity to make some other improvements or tidy some bits up while its pulled apart; just trying to be positive!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    What a pain! Maybe there will be a opportunity to make some other improvements or tidy some bits up while its pulled apart; just trying to be positive!
    Yes, there are - I will need to get the instrument pod out before the dash top can come off, so I might see about trimming the viewing ports for the secondary instruments. I might also look at replacing (or adding some series resistance to) the tachometer calibration potentiometer (to fix the rpm reading approximately 200 rpm low).

It is probably time I replaced the coolant anyway, after 2-3 years the corrosion inhibitors become ineffective. In our increasingly mild climate it is the corrosion inhibitors that are my main priority in a coolant solution, as the Alfa engine uses an iron block with alloy cylinder heads. With the system drained down I might re-think/replace the hoses and clips just to be on the safe side!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!