Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Green Machine - On the Road...

The dash looks so right for the car.

Ref weekly shopping -it must attract quite an audience coming back to the car
    with a shopping trolley, lifting the roof and dropping in the groceries!

Good bit of detective work - I had no idea the american system was different from ours and would never have figured that one out.

I just have a simple oil pressure warning light so I am oblivious as to how good my oil pressure is, I simply know there is some pressure but not how much. I think I would have panicked had I been driving a car with oil pressure readings of 147psi - I would probably have baled out of the car thinking the engine was about to explode...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    >> Overall, a costly and time-consuming exercise.

A good one to get over the line though - well done.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by novanewbie17 View Post
    Ref weekly shopping -it must attract quite an audience coming back to the car
    with a shopping trolley, lifting the roof and dropping in the groceries!
    It has done the last couple of weeks following the relaxation of the lock-down. Reaction is mixed, as you would expect, with comments ranging from a disparaging "that doesn't look very easy to get in and out of" to "that's the most amazing thing I have ever seen"

It is good to have an accurate reading again. I do have the oil pressure warning light switch, but that will only activate when the oil pressure drops below 10 psi, at which point the damage is already done.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Lauren take a look at this-
    It was built by Chip Fooses dad in the 70s based on a Pantera!

It was on Fast & Loud this morning and resembles the Alfa Romeo Carabo so much
    I thought you may like it (like 100%!)

It had at the front triple vents each side that exposed the headlights. Richard Rawlins who is the shows proprietor found it and contacted Chip to buy it- he actually ended up swapping it for a classic 1940s American car thumbnail-3.jpgthumbnail-5.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Ah yes, the Sam Foose Carabo - it was indeed an attempt to replicate the Alfa Carabo, but with no hope of sourcing a suitable windscreen, it was completed as an open top!

I didn't know it had been picked up by Richard Rawlins. Nice that it is back in the Foose family now.

At least Fiberfab designed the Aztec 7 with a roof, even if the screen came rather inappropriately, given its curvature, from the Lamborghini Miura. Gullwing doors too, so not entirely authentic either.

You could also argue that the Vector W2 and its successors, the W8, AWX-3 and the M12 also owe much of their distinctive styling to the Alfa Carabo.

Yes, I think the Carabo is probably my favourite Alfa Romeo, at least on the outside. The interior is rubbish, so it is just as well it has reflective glass all round

Sounds like an episode of Fast 'n' Loud I need to see

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!