Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tail lights

Tail lights

Didn't want to clutter up Davids build thread with this so I thought I'd start a new post on it.

For those not familiar of what we were looking at here's a quick update. These lights are a multi function light to replace the lights(fog lights I think you call them) that are located in the bumpers. These will be placed in the upper rear section of the car compared to the oem setup in the bottom section

Well the parts are starting to arrive.

Got the chrome trim today. Made for a Honda HR-V

PC200004A.jpg

PC200005.jpg

The lights that I ordered for the trim have not arrived yet but they are suppose to look like this

Honda HRV3.JPG

Honda HRV.jpg

They do have a curve to them but after placing them up to the car I should have no problems installing them. They really improve the looks to the back of the car compared to what I had before.
    Right now the spot where they will go is not looking to pretty(removing the old setup) so you'll have to wait for pictures of them up against the car but the fit looks really good

Waiting impatiently

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sector View Post
    Waiting impatiently

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Lights came in today

Got family here right now so you'll have to wait for the full review on them but this really looks promising.

PC300040.jpg

PC300039.jpg

PC300041.jpg

PC300042.jpg

PC300044.jpg

more pictures

PC300045.jpg

PC300046.jpg

I like the various shapes, they look like they could easily be worked into a design. I do have one burning question to assess the viability for us guys over the other side of the pond, are the signal / indicator lights amber or red coloured when lite up?

How about VW Up! lights (don't know if they call it that in the US) - I've been considering them for the MG Nova rotated through 90 degrees, they have a slight curve which wouldn't fight with the car's lines, and don't wrap round at all which seems pretty rare for full rear lights these days. Obviously Euro versions will have the correct amber indicators and be e-marked. I'm away at the moment, so can't post a picture easily, but here's a Google images link to save searching: https://www.google.com/search?q=vw+u...iw=911&bih=436
    It's a 50 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

Quote Originally Posted by Alzax3 View Post
    How about VW Up! lights (don't know if they call it that in the US) - I've been considering them for the MG Nova rotated through 90 degrees, they have a slight curve which wouldn't fight with the car's lines, and don't wrap round at all which seems pretty rare for full rear lights these days. Obviously Euro versions will have the correct amber indicators and be e-marked. I'm away at the moment, so can't post a picture easily, but here's a Google images link to save searching: https://www.google.com/search?q=vw+u...iw=911&bih=436
    As you say it has all the segments, definitely has possibilities

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWx8_3yrD2s

Lights and LEDs

It is a shame we have to comply with darn E markings as it would be so easy to design exactly what we want using LED strips and units on a board and covering with smoked plastic.

Bit worried about the front side/indicator/fog assemblies I made up and will cover with a lightly smoked panel, (same stuff as speeds).

Even when I fitted E marked DLRs to the wife's Corsa B they insisted they were illegal and would fail the annual test if I didn't remove them, not just switch them off, it would mean throwing those away, going to an authorized installer like Norauto (Spanish Halfods) and buy new and having them fit them so I get a stamp in the log book.
    Last edited by Peter; 31-12-2019 at 03:16 PM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I like the various shapes, they look like they could easily be worked into a design. I do have one burning question to assess the viability for us guys over the other side of the pond, are the signal / indicator lights amber or red coloured when lite up?
    I haven't had much time to get dimensions and do a full write up on them but I did wire them up to see how well they functioned.

Sorry to say but the turn signal function looks to be the same colour as the brake and running lights on all three lights.

The lights came with no paper work for wiring and no paper work for certifications. Lenses have no stamping on them to state that they pass any motor vehicle certifications.

OK now the cool part. The turn signals are sequential and they will fit in the upper section of the car.

Don't know about turn signal use where you live, (UK, USA, Asia) but here in Spain the time most Spaniards use them is during the ITV annual test.

Flashing light means, "I AM turning", not, "I am ABOUT to turn".

4 ways, (hazard) mean I am parked illegally but will be back within 10 minuets".

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl