Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4.2 v8 Avante build

4.2 v8 Avante build

Hi All20190721_192924.jpg
    Thanks for the join to the Group
    I have An Avante im building up

Unfortunately it has no registration plate or log book. I only have the vin of the lowered pan 1970 beetle chassis it was on!!
    Its Red is all I can say. It was taken apart from a complete car 20 odd years ago. And i bought off my mate.

It is now sporting a pie valley buggy chassis and will be getting a rear mid engine 4.2v8 and transaxle from a 1999 audi A8!!

Cant add pictures for some reason.

Be great to find the original reg or old owners with some history
    Last edited by Jaracing; 22-12-2019 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Title change

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi
    Welcome, and from what you describe we definitely need to see some pics. Sounds very interesting.

Have you tried this with your VIN https://www.autodna.com/vin-check

Yes tried that site. It needs a a modern vin not a 1970 1102234178 vin

Any ideas how i add pictures?

Owners Register Admin & Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Jaracing,

That sounds like a really promising project. Very few Novas and as far as I'm aware no Avantes are currently being built on a non VW Beetle chassis. The only ones I'm aware of are:-

Pie Valley chassis:-

Alex (Forum handle Alzax3)
    Mick (Forum handle MicksRedNova2)

Custom built chassis:-

Stuart (Forum handle Saint)
    Lauren (Forum handle Spacenut) has a road legal Nova which she built many years ago on a custom chassis before the current IVA process was in place

They'll be your best sources of information regarding the issues of registration, and of course I'm sure Ed and the team at Pie Valley will be happy to offer advice.

On the issue of posting photos, you should be able to click the 'insert image' icon above the text when you're writing a post. It's on the 2nd line which starts with bold/italics/underline ... it's 5th from the right. If that doesn't work (it used to work for me but there are now issues with the amount of storage/memory or whatever I've used) then you can also link your post to an external photo hosting website. I'm with vgy.me and you can find a discussion I had with Forum members to help me make up my mind on which site to use here .... http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...osting-Website NB Other sites are available!!

Hope that helps and I'm looking forward to seeing some photos once you get sorted.

All the best, Alistair

Cheers
    My chassis is the v6 pie valley show chassis although the mgf suspension might need an upgrade to handle the weight and power of the mid mount 4.2 V8

Welcome to the forum, that will be a beast when its finished. I have applied for V5's before just using the vin number and put a covering letter in to say why you do not have the reg plate. I would not spend any more money on it until you have a V5 even if it says Beetle. I think it would be extremely difficult if not impossible to get an Avante through an IVA.

Dirk

Blog Entries
    Hello man,
    Welcome to the forum, thanks for posting the pics.
    I really like the Pie Valley chassis - and that is an impressive spec!

Are you going to use the V5C from the chassis, or go down the IVA route?

Hi Steve

I'd love to use the origional reg but unfortunately I havent got a log book or reg only chassis number.
    The chassis number unfortunately doesn't have a reg associated with it according to a mate with trade access.

So looks like im going down the IVA route

Quote Originally Posted by Jaracing View Post
    Hi Steve

I'd love to use the origional reg but unfortunately I havent got a log book or reg only chassis number.
    The chassis number unfortunately doesn't have a reg associated with it according to a mate with trade access.

So looks like im going down the IVA route
    I think that is rubbish, trade do not have full DVLA access. You will have no chance with IVA just send off the form to the DVLA with the chassis number, what have you got to lose £15 !!!

Dirk