Thread: Spotted in Portugal

Spotted in Portugal

Hi all,

So a while ago, someone told me there was record of 1 Nova registered in Portugal, and today this was spotted. I'm trying to chase the owner already to get some help with the paperwork for registration, and hopefully if all goes well, there'll be 2 Novas in Portugal sometime in the future

82586727_543417472913126_3586355236131831808_n.jpg

Would the real owner please stand up?

Cheers,
    Nuno
    1971 Mini 1275 GT (see photos)

1980 Nova (see photos)

Quote Originally Posted by MrNsane View Post
    Hi all,

So a while ago, someone told me there was record of 1 Nova registered in Portugal, and today this was spotted. I'm trying to chase the owner already to get some help with the paperwork for registration, and hopefully if all goes well, there'll be 2 Novas in Portugal sometime in the future

82586727_543417472913126_3586355236131831808_n.jpg

Would the real owner please stand up?

Cheers,
    Nuno
    Looks great and an open top too. Wonder if it's a one off modification? Any more photos?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Great news Nuno!!! The omens are looking good for 2020!

I stumbled across a photo of your yellow Nova last night and was wondering what happened with your attempts to sell her.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you being No. 2 on the road in Portugal

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Wow! The Elams produced an open top canopy back in the day, I wonder if it's one of those?

Hi Nuno,

As the regs and test in Portugal are very similar to Spain's I wonder how it got on the road?

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Great news Nuno!!! The omens are looking good for 2020!

I stumbled across a photo of your yellow Nova last night and was wondering what happened with your attempts to sell her.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you being No. 2 on the road in Portugal

Alistair
    Well the ebay buyer dropped off due to the probable unknown problems of registering the car in Spain, and there was another interested party but his interest in the car is not that high either (or it seems).

The thing with registering cars in Portugal is that as soon as there's 1 car registered, there's an homologation number issued, and with that number it's possible to register any further car that matches the same specs. So I'm hoping to get in contact with that person, get that number and go to our DVLA (or similar) and attempt to register it

The car in the photo by the license plate seems to have been registered in the mid 90's in Portugal, which back then it was way easier to live a dangerous life

Nuno
    1971 Mini 1275 GT (see photos)

1980 Nova (see photos)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Looks great and an open top too. Wonder if it's a one off modification? Any more photos?
    There was a company called 1-6-2 engineering who made a number of targa conversions to the Mk2 Nova, I think with factory approval or at least knowledge. They all feature a fixed quarterlight to reinforce the windscreen. The conversions date to the mid-1980s.
    only Pythagoras can save me now!