Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Considering another Nova project..

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    I rest my case. Absolutely shocking
    I concur !

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post

So my thoughts are turning to re-bodying a standard Beetle as my understanding is this can produce a road legal car without the need to go through IVA testing. Simply re-register the car as a rebodied Beetle. Providing no modifications are made to the floorpan (Floor drop,handbrake shortening, gear stick relocation). I beleive the resulting car would be an easy build and simple to make road legal (though it would not qualify as a historic vehicle)

...... however I am considering building it as an open top car with a cut down screen area employing a low level acrylic wind deflector in place of a screen. This solves two problems, the lack of headroom in a car without a modified floorpan, and the subsequent cost saving of not having to buy a screen.
    Hi Phill,

An interesting chassis popped up on the 'Kit Cars And Parts For Sale/Wanted UK' group on Facebook today ... and I thought it might be a good base for your open top idea. Only members of the group can see the advert but I know you're a member.

Not sure if it's got a V5, and it's way down south in Norwich! ... but if it's solid and does have the V5, it's reasonably priced for a rolling chassis complete with a 1641cc engine.

Cheers, Alistair

Sounds like you need a Chisel Roadster. A lot less work than chopping a Nova.
    mega-kafer-von-memminger.jpg
    Last edited by Peter; 03-02-2020 at 11:36 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

[QUOTE=Phill;131752]The Beetle I highlighted on ebay at the start of this thread sold for £449 which was slightly under my budgeted figure of £500. On that basis I reckon it should still be possible to build a new Nova using a second hand bodyshell complete with all reconditioned parts for under £5000. And a fullybuilt road legal car must surely be worth a lot more than that?[/QUOTE]

I don't think ANYONE has made a profit from a kit car rebuild. Even in "Wheeler Dealer" Brewster and China seem to make a profit but do not factor in the labour, seems Ed China works for free.

By the way, the chassis number for a VW beetle is on the rear of the spine next to the gearshift link access panel, so even with NO floors it is still there, unfortunately DVLA do not record cars by VIN but buy registration number, stupid idea!.
    Last edited by Peter; 03-02-2020 at 11:41 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl