Thread: Exhaust Lego

***Euro-Nova Supporter***

Exhaust Lego

There was nothing of interest on the TV tonight so when I came in from the workshop the wife had paused Goblin Garage thinking it was something I watched. I have never seen it before but as she went to the effort to pause it I watched it. One of the things they where doing was making a custom exhaust for a motorbike, he started by using these plastic exhaust size blocks that he described as lego blocks. I have never seen them before and thought what a fantastic idea, simple to prototype before you start bending and cutting tube. I have got to get some of them a quick google lots available but at a price.

https://www.trick-tools.com/icengine...e-2000pro-7855

OK if you are an exhaust builder for a living but not for a one off.

But then they are only plastic and I can print plastic a quick look on the 3D print file sharing sites and there are a few there.

https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q...45e17aefbe0b76

happy days

Dirk

That's a very good find! Thanks a lot!

I once saw someone building a header prototype by using plastic water pipes for house building. Cheap as dirt, but by far not as precise than this. My brother just bought a 3D printer. I think I have a job for him to do...
    Never give up!

Yes that was a really interesting show last night - it will be repeated (on quest) over the next few days if anyone wants to see.

They did an EV conversion on a fiat 500 based on a similar conversion on a type 1 VW beetle. The engine was simply replaced with an electric motor complete with clutch so the existing drive train could be retained. Looks like a very simple bolt in job - but at £15000 for the kit a bit expensive. But there must be a huge demand for other companies to bring out universal EV kits to convert cars keeping the existing drive train. EV Novas anybody?

Other items of interest in last nights show (for me at least) was the crafting of a pewtar metal bage for the car and an LED sign.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Yes that was a really interesting show last night - it will be repeated (on quest) over the next few days if anyone wants to see.

They did an EV conversion on a fiat 500 based on a similar conversion on a type 1 VW beetle. The engine was simply replaced with an electric motor complete with clutch so the existing drive train could be retained. Looks like a very simple bolt in job - but at £15000 for the kit a bit expensive. But there must be a huge demand for other companies to bring out universal EV kits to convert cars keeping the existing drive train. EV Novas anybody?

Other items of interest in last nights show (for me at least) was the crafting of a pewtar metal bage for the car and an LED sign.
    I noticed that the motor and controllers were the same ones Edd China used for the Maserati Biturbo EV conversion on Wheeler Dealers, although with fewer batteries and only one motor the Fiat was only good for around 47 bhp. Quick enough for a city car but I was more impressed with the Ferrari 328 EV conversion, laying down 100 yards of rubber and tyre smoke!

I've seen those plastic blocks used on GWG before, they certainly look like a good way of fabricating intricate systems but like all of GWG's tools is on the expensive side. And I managed to merge my 2.5" collectors into a 3" pipe and successfully route it between the chassis and transaxle without the help of Lego bricks
    only Pythagoras can save me now!