Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 44

Thread: Hello from Scotland

  1. #31
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMWilson View Post
    Iím a new member and Iím very interested in your car. Iíve never owned one before, but I have a Ď62 Rochdale Olympic so Iím familiar with older kit cars and Fiberglass, and Iíve messed around with little British sports cars for nearly 50 years now.

    Iím in Glasgow, practically local, and would like to come see it sometime, if youíre willing to let me.

    If you wish to contact me outside the forum, please email:

    James.Wilson@glasgow.ac.uk

    Even if you decide to keep it Iíd really like the chance to see it (or anyoneís, really)

    Thanks

    James
    Brilliant news! Hope you and Nick can do a deal ... and if you fancy seeing another Nova sometime Iím sure Phill would love to show you his road going one in Livingston. Youíll also get a warm welcome from me if you fancy a trip to St Andrews Iíd be happy to show you mine which is currently still in the Ďbody offí stage of a restoration.

    Cheers, Alistair

  2. #32
    Hello James, I've replied to your message

    Thanks

    Nick
    [

  3. #33

    Smile

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Brilliant news! Hope you and Nick can do a deal ... and if you fancy seeing another Nova sometime Iím sure Phill would love to show you his road going one in Livingston. Youíll also get a warm welcome from me if you fancy a trip to St Andrews Iíd be happy to show you mine which is currently still in the Ďbody offí stage of a restoration.

    Cheers, Alistair
    Iíve been to see it today, and weíve agreed on a sale. I still need to arrange for moving it to me, but Iím quite pleased with my purchase. I think Iím going to keep it pretty ďstockĒ, period correct-ish; and fix a few little dings in the paint and Fiberglass so itís appearance is largely unchanged.

    Itís the only one Iíve seen ďin the fleshĒ so Iíve no idea what Iím looking at (or even doing, maybe) so Iíll be pestering the forum folk regularly in the future.

    Iíll keep you posted.

  4. #34
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,382
    Fantastic news James (and Nick!).
    Would be good to meet up in Glasgow or St Andrews once youíre organised.
    All the best,
    Alistair

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesMWilson View Post
    Iíve been to see it today, and weíve agreed on a sale. I still need to arrange for moving it to me, but Iím quite pleased with my purchase. I think Iím going to keep it pretty ďstockĒ, period correct-ish; and fix a few little dings in the paint and Fiberglass so itís appearance is largely unchanged.

    Itís the only one Iíve seen ďin the fleshĒ so Iíve no idea what Iím looking at (or even doing, maybe) so Iíll be pestering the forum folk regularly in the future.

    Iíll keep you posted.
    Well done, bring it on, no such thing as a daft question.



    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?Ē JFK

    http://ukhozi.page.tl

  6. #36
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,033
    Blog Entries
    1
    Well done on the Purchase;
    Once you join the Scottish mafia - you can never leave - fyi
    Last edited by steve; 03-02-2020 at 01:00 PM.

  7. #37

    Glasgow

    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    No sooner said than done Mark!! ... and you just beat me to it Phill !!

    A very warm welcome to the Forum, Breakishnick!

    There are about 4 of us in Scotland ... Gmacz is in Arbroath and is road going, Phill is in Livingston and is also road going, Saint is down in the Borders near Carlisle and is building his own chassis for an original Mk2 body he got up north last year, and I'm just outside St Andrews in the middle of a full body off restoration.

    I've had my Nova since 1986 and she's been off the road since 1991. I went through the same thinking as yourself (restore vs sell) and with the support and encouragement I received on the Forum I decided to restore. you can find my thread at .... http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...-for-a-rebuild!

    I've not heard from Gmacz or Saint for a while but Phill and I keep in contact and visit each other from time to time. I'm biased but I'd recommend restore rather than sell. Perhaps it would help if we met up? I'm sure Phill would be keen to meet up too. Where abouts are you? We'd be happy to come to you, but equally you could come to us and hopefully get some inspiration from seeing another Nova?

    Your Nova looks like a Mk2 going by the rear bumper!

    Cheers, Alistair
    Alistair
    your forgetting I am in Glasgow and currently having my Nova rebuilt by the kind Bushboy..... ;o)

  8. #38
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by glasgowgolfer View Post
    Alistair
    your forgetting I am in Glasgow and currently having my Nova rebuilt by the kind Bushboy..... ;o)
    Sincere apologies Dave! It's great to see the Scottish 'Mafia' increasing, isn't it?! I bet you're looking forward to having James and his red Nova in Glasgow!

    Anyway, how are things with the Golfcart? I've not heard much from you or Bushboy recently. Hope things are going a bit faster than my resto!!

    Alistair

  9. #39
    Senior Member bushboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Grays Essex
    Posts
    2,373
    Alister,

    The rewire & assembly of Glasgow Golfer's Golfkart has been on the back burner recently due to my daughters West End Kids Troupe performances and building her a dance studio with sprung floor etc.
    And then redundancy and now a kitchen extension, time for the Nova has been difficult to find.

    The plan is to have it on the road April/May time.

    Bushboy
    "Always do what you are afraid to do"
    "I can accept failure, but I can't accept not trying"

  10. #40
    Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,382
    Quote Originally Posted by bushboy View Post
    Alister,

    The rewire & assembly of Glasgow Golfer's Golfkart has been on the back burner recently due to my daughters West End Kids Troupe performances and building her a dance studio with sprung floor etc.
    And then redundancy and now a kitchen extension, time for the Nova has been difficult to find.

    The plan is to have it on the road April/May time.

    Bushboy
    Hey Bushboy,
    Good to hear from you. I know what you mean, life just gets in the way! However, even if you didnít get it finished till Xmas youíd still be faster than me!
    Cheers, Alistair

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •