Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rear spoiler from the Purvis Eureka, available in the UK?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

Rear spoiler from the Purvis Eureka, available in the UK?

Just borrowing a pic from Phill's post:

I like the rear Spoiler(?) shown here, it seems to be longer than the Spoiler that came with the Mk4 in the UK.
    Where can I get one? Any moulds knocking around?

eureka.jpg

Brett developed a similar spoiler, dig through his thread I think its on here rather than the Sterling site (but not 100% sure).....hopefully he will chime in with some Photos

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    The Eureka spoiler mimics the airflow correcting aerofoil developed in the Pinifarina wind tunnel for the Ferrari BB, whereas the Mk4 Nova spoiler was just the top slat of the louvre panel extending out over the back window. The Eureka aerofoil probably has a genuine effect on the overall aerodynamics of the car (probably drag reduction), although I suspect that the air gap between the rear window and the aerofoil is critical to optimise this effect.

Time for a wool tuft test, perhaps???

I don't know of any comparable source on this side of the world - if you want one I guess you will have to fabricate it yourself.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Brett developed a similar spoiler, dig through his thread I think its on here rather than the Sterling site (but not 100% sure).....hopefully he will chime in with some Photos
    Hi David

I did see this post but it specifically states that he was looking for one in the UK so I thought it was best to be silent.

Here is the post on this site

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...ynamic-add-ons

Also the style he posted was different from what I built.
    Mine has a finished surface on the top and bottom plus it has a third brake light installed in it. A little different from what he was looking for.

If you care for additional photo's I'd be happy to post more.

I'm sure shipping costs would kill any thoughts of considering one from here.

My lack of posting is because this time of the year here the temperatures outside are nice now and I need to get some landscaping done before it gets to hot out. So not much is being done on the car

Edit:

Sterling site posts
    http://www.sterlingkitcars.com/membe...-s009-222.html

Hope that this might inspire your creativity as to what can be done.
    Last edited by Brett; 24-01-2020 at 02:44 AM.

Blog Entries
    Thanks All,

@Brett, yeah nice design it does give food for thought,
    I like the idea of an extra brake light and even a rear-view camera mounted on there somewhere.

Steve
    Just for info.
    I think I may have one of the only Mk4 novas that have the rear spoiler fitted. If you look on my car thread and P57 you will see the picture.
    If you look closely you will see I built a high level brake light below the spoiler and have a rear view camera built into the rear number plate holder.

Rear visor.

I also made what I called a tribute visor for all 4 cars. Was simple enough to make and pull a mold from.

http://www.sterlingkitcars.com/membe...14-ccc-18.html

After paint.

http://www.sterlingkitcars.com/membe...14-ccc-46.html

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Steve
    Just for info.
    I think I may have one of the only Mk4 novas that have the rear spoiler fitted. If you look on my car thread and P57 you will see the picture.
    If you look closely you will see I built a high level brake light below the spoiler and have a rear view camera built into the rear number plate holder.

Yeah, just checked it out - nice.
    Do you use the camera for reversing only or is it rear view camera (i.e. permanently on)? I am looking at the latter.

@ALL
    Nice selection of Spoilers - thanks.
    I will also be using a big centrally mounted petrol filler, very similar to ratrog's,
    to help 'fill' the space behind the rear window.

Camera just for reversing. I think legislation states you canít have one permanently on.
    I would be more interested in whatís in front of me than behind 😂

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Camera just for reversing. I think legislation states you canít have one permanently on.
    I would be more interested in whatís in front of me than behind 😂
    Hi guys - fortunately (for me) that is not the case. I believe the ECE regulations on indirect vision were amended in 2016 to include camera based rear vision systems, but prior to that, legislation permitted the omission of the interior rear view mirror if two outside mirrors were fitted. This concession was intended for panel vans and small lorries etc.

Green Machine has two exterior rear view mirrors so in principle needs no interior mirror. When I had one fitted it was useless (and dangerous) for two reasons, (1) I couldn't see anything behind, as the tunnel sides, louvre angles and rear transom height prevented any decent viewing angle, and (2) the rear vision mirror badly obstructed my forward vision. So my camera system does the job of seamlessly filling in the gaps between the viewing angles of my external mirrors. However, it has been modified specifically for rear vision rather than reversing - the IR LEDs have been removed, the field-of-view has been reduced from 120 degrees to 40 degrees by changing the focal length of the CCD lens and an IR cut-off filter has been added in front of the CCD to reduce glare during night driving.

All these modifications have made my telecam quite useless as a reversing aid

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!