Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: The rebuild begins

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    an't you swap CV joints about on the shafts making a 'hybrid shaft?
    Unfortunately the shaft has 25 splines and the 108mm cv' s all seem to have 28 looking for a 108mm cv with 25 spline no luck yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Unfortunately the shaft has 25 splines and the 108mm cv' s all seem to have 28 looking for a 108mm cv with 25 spline no luck yet
    have you tried this lot? https://berrisford.co.uk/product-category/driveshafts/
    they also do the 100 to 108 cv joint adaptor you mentioned about making

Quote Originally Posted by Piperphasetwo View Post
    have you tried this lot? https://berrisford.co.uk/product-category/driveshafts/
    they also do the 100 to 108 cv joint adaptor you mentioned about making
    Hi thanks for that ,I have seen these before, it's an option but as this is a weak point they look very marginal, if I donít get the time to make some up myself Iíll properly go for these as they look a more substantial product https://shop.drdracingproducts.com/p...9&categoryId=3

mike

Iíve now given up trying to find a 108mm 25 spline cv joint ,I obtained a twin spark 100m drive flange it fitted but the diff splines only seated on about half the length of the V6 ones so not an option ,looked at buying adapters but there 25mm thick so adding another 50mm to the track ,too much ,next thought about making some out of 15mm steel plate but still adding to the track width ,Iíve got round it by turning a jig/template and drilling the gearbox drive flanges ,these flanges are hardened steel so I tried some bosch multi construction drill bits ,supposed to drill anything ,they look like masonry bits but I was very impressed they drilled all the holes with ease and didnít even need sharpening, the bolt heads will foul the flange cup so Iíll turn some 8mm spacer rings to give clearance and hope it works DSC_0415.jpgInkedDSC_0423[6405]_LI.jpgDSC_0420.jpgDSC_0421.jpgInkedDSC_0422[6404]_LI.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice hardcore build - good work.

Always great to see some home made machined parts, inspiring. Keep the updates and pictures coming

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Always great to see some home made machined parts, inspiring. Keep the updates and pictures coming
    Thanks David
    the lathe is a bit of an antique but it works and you can always make the unobtainable
    Mike

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Nice hardcore build - good work.
    Hi Steve
    I don't know about hardcore but it's certainly taxing my brain 🤔
    Mike