Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 LastLast

Thread: The rebuild begins

Collected a New project, I need more space to clear out the garage, what with the Nova and all the stuff from the Alfa 156 donor its getting tight in there and I canít get any more in the garage loft as that full of alfa/Lancia spares, only problem I have a very rusty 1966 alfa spyder where I want to put the shed so Iíll have break that up first, I did intend to restore it once but itís too far gone now
    Attached Images Attached Images

A shed on wheels, looks better than some of the Nova project cars we have seen for sale
    Last edited by islandman; 20-06-2021 at 05:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    A shed on wheels, looks better than some of the Nova project cars we have seen for sale
    Yes it does overhang the trailer a bit, but it's no good buying a small shed you'll just fill it quicker, I've got a large garage but can't move in there now I've put the body back on

Well Iíve finished building my storage /workshop and started to empty my garage and thought I can get on with the Nova again but my Peugeot had other ideas on the way to work Tues the engine decided to eat its main or big end bearings so now looking for another car as canít be bothered to replace the engine, so Nova on hold again

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice beefy exhaust system there,
    yeah my build is on a go-slow as well for various reasons :-(

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Nice beefy exhaust system there,
    yeah my build is on a go-slow as well for various reasons :-(
    Thanks Steve it's a 350z rear box it was taken off a car due to a rattle inside, I got it for a trial fit if it works I'll either cut it open and re new the guts or buy a new one
    Mike

Finally got back to the nova again this morning lifted the body onto scaffolding with casters so it's easy to move about, first job sort the alfasud steering rack mounting brackets

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Finally got back to the nova again this morning lifted the body onto scaffolding with casters so it's easy to move about, first job sort the alfasud steering rack mounting brackets
    Hi Mike,

It's a good feeling getting back to 'work' after a break, isn't it? I know you've been contributing to my 'droop snoot' thread ... might be worth adding some means of support to your Nova's nose whilst the body's up there.

Looking great .... She's going to be quite something!!

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Mike,

It's a good feeling getting back to 'work' after a break, isn't it? I know you've been contributing to my 'droop snoot' thread ... might be worth adding some means of support to your Nova's nose whilst the body's up there.

Looking great .... She's going to be quite something!!

Alistair
    Thanks Alistair I do intend to brace the front while the body is off again, but having said that I've never had any problems with the front drooping even with 2 rads, fuel tank and a spare wheel up front
    Mike

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Thanks Alistair I do intend to brace the front while the body is off again, but having said that I've never had any problems with the front drooping even with 2 rads, fuel tank and a spare wheel up front
    Mike
    Presumably (unlike me!) youíve kept your front undertray intact and bolted to the floor pan at the Napís hat? I wish someone had put an old head on my younger shoulders way back then!