Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild begins

Thanks for the encouraging comments guys now its movable I'll push it out into the drive and post some distance shots, also I now have most of the front end parts to start on that end, it's like Christmas DSC_0878.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    ...... also I now have most of the front end parts to start on that end, it's like Christmas
    Youíre making great progress Mike. For various reasons Iíve not made any progress for a while, but your ĎChristmasí comment reminded me how good it felt during the 1st lockdown to get lots of deliveries of shiny new parts! With Spring coming Iím hopeful that Iíll be able to get going again but I suspect youíll be finished well before me at the rate youíre going. Very impressed with the scale of your engineering and looking forward to seeing the full chassis shots outside the garage

Ok as requested and its such a beautiful day to be outside I've pushed the beast outside and taken some long shots it looks a bit rough at the moment be glad when I finish the chassis and can paint it
    [img]

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Youíre making great progress Mike. For various reasons Iíve not made any progress for a while, but your ĎChristmasí comment reminded me how good it felt during the 1st lockdown to get lots of deliveries of shiny new parts! With Spring coming Iím hopeful that Iíll be able to get going again but I suspect youíll be finished well before me at the rate youíre going. Very impressed with the scale of your engineering and looking forward to seeing the full chassis shots outside the garage
    I donít think thereís much chance of that Alistair ,Iím sure youíll get the urge to get going again as the better weather arrives, on the subject of goodies arriving I always seem to be sent the incorrect part as happened with the latest delivery and seem to spend hours on the phone sorting it out

Mike

It's looking amazing Mike and you have certainly made rapid progress well done
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    The tilt on the Busso engine designed to allow for a more sloping bonnet actually helps with bulkhead clearance

Good work sir!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Outside photos look great Mike! Thanks for sharing

Thinking ahead, and whilst very easy to do retrospectively, a removable panel in the body beneath the rear window might improve accessibility to the engine?

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Looking very good some nice photos.

Dirk

The perspective shots really help appreciate the work that has been done.

What is the blue bar that goes across the rear wheels for?

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    The tilt on the Busso engine designed to allow for a more sloping bonnet actually helps with bulkhead clearance

Good work sir!

Lauren
    The tilt helps in some ways but it makes the rear bank quite tall when the inlet plenum is sitting on top not that you can see much out the rear window anyway, so I'll reverse the tubes to face forwards and turn the plenum upside down so throttle body is still over the g/box

Mike