Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: The rebuild begins

When your company rings and says “would you like to go on furlough for a month” ,you just think what the hell am I going to find to do for a month ,anyway while I waiting for the rear shocks to arrive started on the front replacement beam today fitting some height adjusters

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Great wee welding opportunity Mike! Having seen your rate of progress to date, I reckon you’ll have your Nova back on the road by the end of your furlough..... enjoy the opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Great wee welding opportunity Mike! Having seen your rate of progress to date, I reckon you’ll have your Nova back on the road by the end of your furlough..... enjoy the opportunity!
    Hopefully the chassis on its wheels ,that was the target for end of Dec, but rear shocks/springs causing some issues

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Hopefully the chassis on its wheels ,that was the target for end of Dec, but rear shocks/springs causing some issues
    I was teasing Mike. The last time we saw progress like yours was when Dirk repaired and upgraded his Avante. Remember it’s not a race ... and enjoy the journey

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi Mike,
    Did you consider the Red 9 EZ rider for the front? I know it is a bit pricey, but it does give you a more tweekable front end with spring rates and shock settings.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Did you consider the Red 9 EZ rider for the front? I know it is a bit pricey, but it does give you a more tweekable front end with spring rates and shock settings.

Dirk
    Hi Dirk
    I have looked at that set up before but there's an awful lot of pivot stress on the 4 mounting bolts with the twin wishbones angled back form the central line, to be honest I was happy with the way I'd set up the front end before, it was just the brakes were the main cause for concern
    Mike

Finished the sway- aways just got to get rid of the lovely yellow paint, now starting to make some short coil overs for the rear couldn’t get the Lotus Elise units to work so converting a pair of adjustable E-Type rear shocks with threaded tube and offset posts for clearance and to mount to the alfa stirrups still got a bit more work to do on them

Always good to see some lateral thinking and good old school engineering to get around a problem. Nice update

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update;
    Are the Sway-aways set for raising the ride height at the front?
    Are you going to soften the front end?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Nice update;
    Are the Sway-aways set for raising the ride height at the front?
    Are you going to soften the front end?
    I've set the adjusters with 1/3 up and 2/3 down of movement from stock to have movement both ways, and will soften them,I'll have to pull the old beam apart as can't remember how many leaves I removed, It is possible to get a progressive suspension with the adjusters if you adjust unequally by a small amount