Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 165

Thread: The rebuild begins

  1. #131
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Upper Hartfield, E Sussex
    Posts
    213
    When your company rings and says “would you like to go on furlough for a month” ,you just think what the hell am I going to find to do for a month ,anyway while I waiting for the rear shocks to arrive started on the front replacement beam today fitting some height adjusters


  2. #132
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,911
    Great wee welding opportunity Mike! Having seen your rate of progress to date, I reckon you’ll have your Nova back on the road by the end of your furlough..... enjoy the opportunity!

  3. #133
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Upper Hartfield, E Sussex
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Great wee welding opportunity Mike! Having seen your rate of progress to date, I reckon you’ll have your Nova back on the road by the end of your furlough..... enjoy the opportunity!
    Hopefully the chassis on its wheels ,that was the target for end of Dec, but rear shocks/springs causing some issues

  4. #134
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,911
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikemrb View Post
    Hopefully the chassis on its wheels ,that was the target for end of Dec, but rear shocks/springs causing some issues
    I was teasing Mike. The last time we saw progress like yours was when Dirk repaired and upgraded his Avante. Remember it’s not a race ... and enjoy the journey

  5. #135
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,733
    Hi Mike,
    Did you consider the Red 9 EZ rider for the front? I know it is a bit pricey, but it does give you a more tweekable front end with spring rates and shock settings.

    Dirk

  6. #136
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Upper Hartfield, E Sussex
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Hi Mike,
    Did you consider the Red 9 EZ rider for the front? I know it is a bit pricey, but it does give you a more tweekable front end with spring rates and shock settings.

    Dirk
    ,
    Hi Dirk
    I have looked at that set up before but there's an awful lot of pivot stress on the 4 mounting bolts with the twin wishbones angled back form the central line, to be honest I was happy with the way I'd set up the front end before, it was just the brakes were the main cause for concern
    Mike

  7. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Upper Hartfield, E Sussex
    Posts
    213
    Finished the sway- aways just got to get rid of the lovely yellow paint, now starting to make some short coil overs for the rear couldn’t get the Lotus Elise units to work so converting a pair of adjustable E-Type rear shocks with threaded tube and offset posts for clearance and to mount to the alfa stirrups still got a bit more work to do on them

  8. #138
    Always good to see some lateral thinking and good old school engineering to get around a problem. Nice update

  9. #139
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,462
    Blog Entries
    1
    Nice update;
    Are the Sway-aways set for raising the ride height at the front?
    Are you going to soften the front end?

  10. #140
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2020
    Location
    Upper Hartfield, E Sussex
    Posts
    213
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Nice update;
    Are the Sway-aways set for raising the ride height at the front?
    Are you going to soften the front end?
    I've set the adjusters with 1/3 up and 2/3 down of movement from stock to have movement both ways, and will soften them,I'll have to pull the old beam apart as can't remember how many leaves I removed, It is possible to get a progressive suspension with the adjusters if you adjust unequally by a small amount

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •