Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: nice Nova on Facebook Marketplace...complete (not much needing done but strong money)

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Luis,

Keith ('kdnova') tried to sell his road going Nova a year or 2 back ...

(see http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post125307)

.... but I never heard whether he did or not. Might be worth sending him a PM to find out?

Cheers,
    Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Luis

How deep are your pockets ?
    The reason I say this is that is that I,very soon, have to make some big decisions as I will soon be entering a phase in my life, called retirement.

The Mrs wants to move from South East England (house on the market next week ) and she wants to move to rural Wales...I may need a Defender more than a nova !

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Luis

The reason I say this is that is that I,very soon, have to make some big decisions as I will soon be entering a phase in my life, called retirement.

The Mrs wants to move from South East England (house on the market next week ) and she wants to move to rural Wales...I may need a Defender more than a nova !
    Don’t do it. You own a piece of history. Look back through your thread to see how far you’ve come. You’ll never recoup the cost of man hours.
    Once you’ve retired to the country, done all the things on Mrs todo list, and got bored looking at fields of sheep, you’ll need a pass time. Buy a Defender by all means but get a trailer for your Nova so you can tow it back to civilisation for the odd blat around.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Don’t do it. You own a piece of history. Look back through your thread to see how far you’ve come. You’ll never recoup the cost of man hours.
    Once you’ve retired to the country, done all the things on Mrs todo list, and got bored looking at fields of sheep, you’ll need a pass time. Buy a Defender by all means but get a trailer for your Nova so you can tow it back to civilisation for the odd blat around.

Mick
    I agree whole heartedly. Besides, if I had the money, I'd want first dibs

Luis

Hmmmm ... the Princess in rural Wales? I see where you’re coming from... she might get splashed with a wee bit of mud!

However, speaking as someone who has effectively retired thanks to the pandemic, and who lives in rural Scotland, I’ll never sell my Nova.

Anyway, you’ll have more space in rural Wales so you know the solution, don’t you .... a wee bit of bargaining with Mrs Buffy .... in order to get your agreement to move, you get to keep the Nova and buy a 4x4 for the rainy days.

.... and besides, you’ll regret selling your favourite toy ... boys need toys when they’ve got so much more time to play in retirement!
    Last edited by BlueNova; 31-05-2020 at 09:48 AM.

Luis

You want to go where….Wales?? Sure you can get a few sheep in the back of a defender, but do you really want to do that….no of course not!! So stick with the Nova and a perfect excuse for not carrying the sheep around. J

Jokes aside, you will be sick to the teeth when someone buys it, spends a little bit of time sorting the suspension and brakes and gets to enjoys all the efforts of your rebuild that you never did. Just keep it, experiment on sorting the brakes and you will be happy as Larry the lamb

If you need the cash sell the Jag, anyone can buy one of those (yes your is nice), but Nova's are rarer than hens teeth, especially one as well finished as the princess

What, keep this ?

The suspension is now sorted and the car handles brilliantly. Had a good blast down dual carriageways and temp all good with the cooling, so it is still the rear brakes I have to get right and the current starting issue which the garage will sort for me.
    My Jag, had that for 13 years now.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What, keep this ?

The suspension is now sorted and the car handles brilliantly. Had a good blast down dual carriageways and temp all good with the cooling, so it is still the rear brakes I have to get right and the current starting issue which the garage will sort for me.
    My Jag, had that for 13 years now.....

Don't forget to lock that bonnet before you drive it, your windscreen will thank you for it

Always check 👍

Luis

There's a 1996 Defender for sale for £8K in Swansea (yes, in Wales!) on Facebook.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1329...00611610407848

He's open to the possibility of swapping with a kit car and a guy in Scotland has already offered his Renault V6 powered RW Karma which doesn't look like it's on a beetle chassis (which was advertised recently for £6.9K)

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1329...96464164155926

Now, the question is ... Defender, Karma or Gulf Nova?

I think we should put it to the Forum members ... I'll kick off the voting with .... the Gulf Nova!

Alistair
    Last edited by BlueNova; 31-05-2020 at 08:50 PM.