Thread: Greater than its sum of parts

Greater than its sum of parts

I couldn't go through with selling my Nova.

Really I think I needed vindicating that it was more than an ornament, it's just
    some glass fibre on a beetle isn't it- I should spend the money on the house.

BUT - when I advertised it I was struck by the responses:
    Some examples of the comments I received were:

If that was at a show between a McLaren and a Ferrari everyone would go to yours.

My favourite car of all time above Ferrari and e-type.

I want to buy it- will it drive back to Italy? (No, it really won't).

and many more>

Then a guy came to view that wanted one for his collection- Ferrari and Lamborghini collection
    that is, he actually owned a Countach!

I went to the Ascot Historics auction in the morning before the viewing and there were
    Lamborghini, Ferrari etc but I knew if there was a Nova i would have gone straight to it,
    like I do at Brooklands Museum when Lauren or John have theirs there, so why sell mine then?
    I got grumpy knowing later that day I may sell it- fortunately the guy went away to think-
    after I just felt relief!

I've had other offers too, but I think the car is safe once again and house improvements can wait-

the Nova is more than its sum of parts...
    Attached Images Attached Images

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Wonderful news NN17!!

I’m sure you won’t regret it. Hopefully we can meet up at Stoneleigh, Newark or wherever one day once both our Novas are road legal.

All the best, Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Mark - I'm glad to hear that you are keeping the Nova. I contacted Anthony when I heard about the Facebook advert, but he had already seen your car advertised on Car & Classic.

I have been to see Anthony's collection and it is indeed very impressive. But perhaps more so is his appreciation of the Nova as shape that can hold its own against any Italian styling house, and even with a VW floorpan and a 1600 twin-port deserves credit in its own right. It is a shame that more people cannot see that.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

You're absolutely right. The Nova really is greater than the sum of its parts. But the opening canopy is what really makes it stand out. And because it is so unique it really does deserve classic status.

I have had visitors to my unit - many of whom are wealthy business people that drive very expensive cars like Porsches - yet they still drool over my beetle based kitcar. And even when I enlighten them as to it's humble origins they still marvel at its beauty.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Good to hear man

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Incidentally, I'm loving the rear grille treatment which will do wonders for engine cooling, but I was wondering if the Fiat 850 lights would look better upside down? That way the curvature of the lens would match the curvature of the lower valance. Some lights have to be fitted in a certain orientation, but others are quite flexible (the Bedford bus units fitted to Elam Mk1 cars like mine can be fitted horizontally or vertically).

In the US, the Sterling was marketed with TR7 rear lights, mounted upside down to match the contours of the rear panel.

Just a suggestion

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    You're absolutely right. The Nova really is greater than the sum of its parts. But the opening canopy is what really makes it stand out. And because it is so unique it really does deserve classic status.

I have had visitors to my unit - many of whom are wealthy business people that drive very expensive cars like Porsches - yet they still drool over my beetle based kitcar. And even when I enlighten them as to it's humble origins they still marvel at its beauty.
    Couldn't agree more Phill ... and it's encouraging to hear your experience with wealthy business folks!

Pleased to hear you are not selling the Nova, So many VW (and Ford) Based kit cars end up as donors to other restoration projects. as they have no regard for the body or history, I would only sell Ukhozi to someone who would retain it as it is and not break it. Banging the price up helps avoid that too

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl