Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another Scottish Nova project begins....

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Check Dirks thread. He rebuilt his car in 3 months !! 😂

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    James,

I'm not at the wiring stage yet but like you, I don't trust my wiring after the mice and their future generations occupied my Nova over nearly 30 years!

Check out Phill's thread. He put off re-wiring because he was concerned about the complexity, but he thought it through from 1st principles and produced helpful diagrams. His Nova is now running with the new wiring so that's good enough for me. When I get to that stage I'll be heading straight to his thread ... thanks in advance Phill !!

Alistair
    No problem Alistair. I can assure you that the wiring was the most satisfying (and easiest) part of the entire build, despite my initial concerns. When the time comes, I will be there to help you if you need to re-wire your car, but I am confident with all that you have already acheived this will not be a problem for you.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMWilson View Post
    Considering the electrics and lighting.

I donít trust the wiring. Under the instrument pod it was a ratís nest, and Iíd need to thoroughly check everything, and add in the wiring Iíd want for extra lights.

Attachment 3894Attachment 3893

Trying to make sense of the existing wiring may be a major headache. Iíve downloaded the VW wiring diagrams for the likely years but havenít yet had time to see how well they match whatís there. I could be surprised and find the current wiring works properly, but ... if so I could add what Iím going to improve and bind it all up into neat harnesses.
    Back in the 80's specialit looms were readily available for the Nova but you may well find the existing loom fitted to your car bears little resemblance to the VW beetle loom. Worse case scenario is you may need to build a new loom which is really not that difficult in comparison to all the other aspect of rebuilding one of these cars.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update & pics - thanks.
    Peter is having a moan because he seen too many cars that never make it back onto the road.

If the body is coming off then I would recommend a conversion to IRS, this is your opportunity to do it.

>> The suspension, steering, etc.
    >>1. Red9Design coilovers at the front?

No, Not a good fit for the Nova, you need to raise and soften the front suspension. Red9 kit goes the other way.

>> 2. The same at the rear?

Not needed IMO, use the stock torsion bar set-up with the shorter (non IRS) torsion bars,
    because you can't remove the longer ones with the side panels in place. Ask me how I know :-(

Just my 002, good luck with the build and keep the updates coming.