Thread: Nova for Sale on Facebook Marketplace

Nova for Sale on Facebook Marketplace

Just come across this Nova Shell for sale in Rhyl

Not registered but sat on a chassis and looks like a few parts, possibly useful to someone.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2099422396551/

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Stuart,

Body and screen look to be in really good nick!

If I was the seller I'd contact DVLA with the chassis number to see if they've got any record of the base Beetle ... someone short might be able to fit without floorpan drops, but it's a Mk1 so would be tight, and the gear lever/handbrake mod doesn't look like it's been done, which would be problematic.

However, it looks like an excellent base for someone following a similar type of build to yourself, or a Pie Valley chassis.

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    That looks like a good price for what appears to be an unmolested body. No dash or rear panel a bit of de-lamination on the lower part of the screen.

Looks like he has another one in the garage as well.

Dirk

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    looking at the photos again I think this is the one that was at the auction in Preston last year. They probably bought it for some of the bits for the other car and now moving it on.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    looking at the photos again I think this is the one that was at the auction in Preston last year. They probably bought it for some of the bits for the other car and now moving it on.

Dirk
    It looks like it has been cleaned up if that is the one I am thinking of. Didn't someone figure out the number plate for the one at the auction, based on a dirty shadow left on the bodywork from the numbers??

Quote Originally Posted by John90 View Post
    It looks like it has been cleaned up if that is the one I am thinking of. Didn't someone figure out the number plate for the one at the auction, based on a dirty shadow left on the bodywork from the numbers??
    I don't recall anyone figuring out the number plate, but I did make sure it had the nose undertray which was separated and mistakenly listed as a custom bonnet

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post

Dirk
    I think you're right. While I could afford this, its to big a project for me

I see the seller’s also selling a canopy with sunroof but no screen, a Mk2 bonnet, and 2 side sills ... for £200

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...5557293132252/
    Last edited by BlueNova; 02-04-2020 at 09:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Stuart,

Body and screen look to be in really good nick!

If I was the seller I'd contact DVLA with the chassis number to see if they've got any record of the base Beetle ... someone short might be able to fit without floorpan drops, but it's a Mk1 so would be tight, and the gear lever/handbrake mod doesn't look like it's been done, which would be problematic.

However, it looks like an excellent base for someone following a similar type of build to yourself, or a Pie Valley chassis.

Alistair
    I tried that, According to DVLA they store vehicle details by REG number from which they can get the VIN but not the other way around, which seems stupid to me.

I tried several of those "find REG from VIN' but always refers to the V5c which if you
    have, has the reg number VRN anyway.

One MIGHT be able to do it via HPI if you have a friendly dealer with a HPI account but on old chassis numbers it is not likely.

MY searches come up with all sorts of info, none of which is relevant today, but no reg number.

116736011 Model: 1966 Beetle Sedan:

• Sedan Production: 8/65 - 7/66 (actually on Samba site in narrows it down to March '66)
    • Sedan Chassis: 116 000 001 - 116 1021 300
    • Sedan Engine: 1300cc Single Port NOPE,
    • Sedan Engine Number: F 0 000 001 - F 0 940 716 NOPE. AS88344, '74-'79 1600 (1641) 50hp (110hp), TWIN PORT, DUAL VALVE.
    • Sedan Front End: Ball Joint (Drum) NOPE
    • Sedan Rear End: Swing Axle (Drum)NOPE
    • Sedan Lug Pattern: 5x205 NOPE
    • Sedan Voltage: 6 Volt NOPE

1966 Beetle Key Features:

New 1300cc engine.NOPE
    -30PICT Carburetor. NOPE
    Emergency 4 way flashers.
    Ball joint front suspension.NOPE
    Ventilated wheels with “flat style” hubcap.NOPE
    Headlight hi/lo beam switch moved to turn signal switch.
    Defroster vent added to center of dashboard.
    Last year of 6 volt electrical system.
    Last year of glass headlight bucket.
    Last year of square push button door handles.
    Last year of 18mm body molding.
    Last edited by Peter; 03-04-2020 at 12:00 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    I tried that, According to DVLA they store vehicle details by REG number from which they can get the VIN but not the other way around, which seems stupid to me.
    Dirk did some detective work when the Nova came up at auction last November. He went to the auction and came back with a possible reg number ....

http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...l=1#post131171