Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fan shroud thermostatic flaps

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Well, the flaps and thermostat arrived early!! ... but unfortunately the thermostat's blowin bubbles in hot water and doesn't move even a mm!! Hey ho, it's a risk with 2nd hand parts.

Anyway, at least I've got the very rare flaps and connecting rods, etc, and I've just ordered a brand new replacement for the OEM thermostat from Limebug.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Well, the flaps and thermostat arrived early!! ... but unfortunately the thermostat's blowin bubbles in hot water and doesn't move even a mm!! Hey ho, it's a risk with 2nd hand parts.

Anyway, at least I've got the very rare flaps and connecting rods, etc, and I've just ordered a brand new replacement for the OEM thermostat from Limebug.
    Doh! I found one of those thermostats in my parts drawer today, that obviously I don't need now, shame I didn't see your post earlier you could have it for the cost of posting.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

Quote Originally Posted by MicksRedNova View Post
    Doh! I found one of those thermostats in my parts drawer today, that obviously I don't need now, shame I didn't see your post earlier you could have it for the cost of posting.

Mick
    No worries at all Mick. Sounds like you're a man after my own heart .... don't get rid of things because they'll come in handy one day!

I suspect there might be a few Novas running around without thermostats so it might still go to a good home!

Alistair

Never had flaps on mine and now of course it's got an alloy shroud with internal fins to direct more flow to to #3.

They really only work when quite cold.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    ...... They really only work when quite cold.
    Absolutely right Peter, they’re designed to bring the temp up to normal in the 1st few minutes of the engine running to prevent wear in the cylinders and heads

.... and remember that I live on the east coast of Scotland which is just a wee bit chillier than Estepona!!