Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Nova for sale soon from RDS Roadsport

Nova for sale soon from RDS Roadsport

Hi guys,

I have been told a Nova will be for sale soon. RDS roadsport have been building it for a customer who has stopped paying the bills and not answered any contact for 6 months. RDS are looking to sell it to get back storage costs. It's not yet been built but has running engine and I believe all parts except the windscreen. It will be going cheap, if I had room to build it I would snap it up.

For details call Richard
    http://www.rdsroadsport.co.uk/
    01474 824019
    Cheers

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by JONESY25 View Post
    Hi guys,

I have been told a Nova will be for sale soon. RDS roadsport have been building it for a customer who has stopped paying the bills and not answered any contact for 6 months. RDS are looking to sell it to get back storage costs. It's not yet been built but has running engine and I believe all parts except the windscreen. It will be going cheap, if I had room to build it I would snap it up.

For details call Richard
    http://www.rdsroadsport.co.uk/
    01474 824019
    I understand the situation, been there myself but I hope they do it properly and legally, one cannot just sell someone else's property no matter the reason. Small claims court is both cheap and quick and legal.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I was wondering about the process of selling the car, or 'parts' as well...

I understand they can legally hold the vehicle until payment is made, but I'm not sure on the steps involved in selling it without the owners permision?

The DVLA must be involved in some way I guess; what happens if the person has died for example - wouldn't you have to find out if family has a claim, (they may be willing to either pass ownership over or pay the bill?)

What information do RDS have on the owner; only a phone number, or address if they have the V5?

Or is this something the court would find out if a claim was made on the car possesion in order to sell it?

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    I remember a similar (but different) situation about 15 years ago. I owned a nice British racing Green Jaguar XJS, which I bought when it was about 6 years old. It was a toy for the weekends! Then 3 daughters appeared and the Jag got used less and less, until eventually it ended up in the garage for several years. I used to turn the engine over every once in a while but eventually it wouldn't run.

It sat for several more years alongside the Nova in the garage and it got to the point one of them had to go! So the Jag was advertised for sale as a non runner, with no tax or MOT. A guy from London emailed me to say he was interested, but several promised visits came and went over 3 months so I said that I needed a £500 deposit ... otherwise I was going to re-advertise it. A cheque duly arrived and was banked straight away.

Another month passed, and still no visit. The guy would only communicate by email so I gave him another ultimatum ... get up to Scotland within 10 days or your deposit will not be refunded and I'll advertise it again.

.... I heard absolutely nothing, even gave him an extra week, and then advertised it again and sold it to 2 Geordies who were based at RAF Leuchars just a few miles away. They gave me my full asking price and took the car away the following day!

If they have not got the V5, when someone applies for one the DVLA will write to the registered owner to see if it is a genuine sale. It stops people applying for a V5 and once they have it steeling the car, a scam that was happening some years back. Small claims and a possession order would be needed.

Dirk

This could be a tricky one...
    I can think of two options for it to be a legitimate sale:
    The first would be what Dirk suggested (small claims and possession order)
    The second would make things much easier; they purchased the chassis themselves for the project and they already hold all the documents and would have passed them over to their client on completion of the work/final payment.
    If not, I would share your concerns
    Last edited by Gaisa; 08-05-2020 at 11:21 PM.

RDS have started the process of small claims court to transfer ownership. It will also give them chance to respond and get the car back of they want it. They guy who owns it isn't short of a few quid so we puzzled as to why her left it?
    Cheers

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    This could be a tricky one...
    I can think of two options for it to be a legitimate sale:
    The first would be what Dirk suggested (small claims and possession order)
    The second would make things much easier; they purchased the chassis themselves for the project and they already hold all the documents and would have passed them over to their client on completion of the work/final payment.
    If not, I would share your concerns
    Whole car/parts was held by the owner and moved to thier workshop to complete the build. Its had chassis re-painted, New brakes, engine and gear box mounted and engine run up and tuned. If they get the ownership of it a cheap complete car(minus the screen) that needs building will be had by someone. It's got plates with it so was registered before, not sure if as the kit and was a rebuild.
    Cheers

Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    I was wondering about the process of selling the car, or 'parts' as well...

I understand they can legally hold the vehicle until payment is made, but I'm not sure on the steps involved in selling it without the owners permision?

The DVLA must be involved in some way I guess; what happens if the person has died for example - wouldn't you have to find out if family has a claim, (they may be willing to either pass ownership over or pay the bill?)

What information do RDS have on the owner; only a phone number, or address if they have the V5?

Or is this something the court would find out if a claim was made on the car possesion in order to sell it?
    They have phone number, email and address car was collected from. All forms of contact are being ignored. Small claims will locate where the owner is (assume if he has moved) or family members if something has happened. Owner will have to pay outstanding garage fees along with court fees to get car back or give it up and RDS will sell to reclaim costs.
    Cheers

Ryan

Glad to hear all is being done to sort this out!

If sold, RDS may carry on the rebuild for the new owner!?

They seem to have done some nice cars looking at their site.

`¬)