Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Finally a Nova for sale in Germany again!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Supermario,

I thought I recognized it ... here are some YouTube videos from 2017 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7aeVG_xXEs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURNwCiPBBk&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELLCJgSnoR4

I kept an eye on YouTube for some videos of it being restored, but nothing appeared ... clearly they didn't get round to starting it.

Best of luck!

Alistair
    Oh wow! That's great, thanks for the video links. It's obvious in the vids, that it's a Mk2, but shame on me I didn't recognise the "eyebrow" in the pics...

I think those videos are what the seller is referring to, when he's talking about "investigation"... I wrote him an email to check if it ever was registered in Germany and maybe get a date with that beauty. But it's a 6 and a half hours drive to get there... Well, we'll see if I could find the time
    Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    Its a Mk2 Nova - you can tell by some circumstantial evidence (smooth bonnet without nostrils) and the extended wraparound rear bumper. Also, the dashboard looks to be the Mk2 "gull-wing" type. But the big giveaway is the "eyebrow" across the top of the windscreen, where the canopy height was increased to improve headroom.

If the canopy was open you would also note the lack of dowel pegs to locate the canopy when closed, as far as I know this feature was removed for the Mk2 because the hydraulic canopy became standard on all cars.

The car looks to be in reasonable shape though, worth a punt if the price is right!

Lauren
    Thanks Lauren. Those parts (canopy, rear bumper, front end, etc) are interchangeable, aren't they? So I could send some money to Polycreations in Belgium to convert it to a Mk1. I really don't like the Mk2 rear bumper...
    Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
    Where exactly is this stamp usually located?

The seller added some pics with lots of documents. Most of them are hardly identifiable, but I spotted a copy of the German registration document and something relating to the registration as a historical vehicle. That gives hope. Lots of other stuff like electrical diagram and so on.

I have to write him and stop the guessing...
    Since Lauren ID'd the car as a Mk2, it's irrelevant. But, had it been a Sterling, there would have been a stamp into the gelcoat on the driver's side sill right by the hinge.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Supermario View Post
    Thanks Lauren. Those parts (canopy, rear bumper, front end, etc) are interchangeable, aren't they? So I could send some money to Polycreations in Belgium to convert it to a Mk1. I really don't like the Mk2 rear bumper...
    Bonnet, nosecone and rear bumper are all interchangeable as you say. The Mk1 canopy should also fit as well, but you would have to cut off the locating dowel pegs, if the canopy has them.

Also, you will need to cut 1" off your head in order to fit under the new canopy
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Thanks Lauren. Headroom shouldn't be the problem as I'm only 1,75m (don't know what it is in feet and inches). So no headchop necessary...

Two bigger problems arose. First is, I still got no answer to my email. So no further information on the car. But the bigger problem is, that due to corona crisis the situation is too bad to further employ me. Says my boss... so I will be unemployed from August 16th...

This is the second time destiny is against me owning a Nova...

Personally I'm not afraid of the future. There's always a tomorrow. And there will be a day, when I buy a Nova. See my signature.
    Never give up!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    I'm sorry to hear that Mario. Hopefully you will be able to find alternative employment soon, and as you say, other opportunities to buy a Nova will arise in the future I am sure.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    That's such bad news Mario, but I admire your positive outlook and I'm sure that'll bring you a new job and a Nova before too long. Wishing you all the best!
    Alistair