Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally a Nova for sale in Germany again!

Finally a Nova for sale in Germany again!

Yay!

There's finally another Nova for sale here in Deutschland.

[URL="https://suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=300734932&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMA GE_UNREPAIRED&isSearchRequest=true&makeModelVarian t1.modelDescription=nova&pageNumber=1&scopeId=C&sf mr=false&sortOption.sortBy=searchNetGrossPrice&sor tOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&searchId=d78527b7-2190-22ce-6127-16025505edd7[/URL]

Not much information in the text. It has a Porsche 914 engine fitted and was bought "out of an overseas container". So it seem to be a sterling. Windscreen looks good besides tons of dust laying on it and the car seem to complete on first sight.

Could that become my Nova? :D
    There hasn't been any offer over here for 8 months or so...

Pros:
    - the chassis has the "right" production date for several registration options
    - windscreen intact
    - seem to be complete
    - it's a mark 1 (correct me if I'm wrong)
    - most important: it's located in Germany!

Cons:
    -type 4 engine is fitted (I'm addicted to type 1...), but I could sell it
    - seems it never was registered in Germany
    - no idea if there is any documentation of the car/history
    - it's located in far eastern Germany, so still not around the corner
    - still 5000,-€ (~4500,-£)

I will ask the seller about more information and ask Mrs Supermario for permission... :)
    Last edited by Supermario; 08-06-2020 at 08:55 PM.
    Never give up!

You broke your link, you need to lose the first http://

Not bad from what little I could see

Oops...

Edited.
    Last edited by Supermario; 08-06-2020 at 08:56 PM.
    Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Gaisa View Post
    Not bad from what little I could see
    You're refering to those beautiful legs in that interestingly short dress on the top right corner of the 1st pic, aren't you?
    Never give up!

Quote Originally Posted by Supermario View Post

Cons:
    -type 4 engine is fitted (I'm addicted to type 1...), but I could sell it
    And yet that for me is a bonus. It's an air cooled engine but of the type that was fitted to the VW Porsche 914 so more powerfull and with a Porsche heritage. I would happily swap you my twin port type 1 for the type 4 assuming its a runner?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Weird. Not a Sterling that I can tell. No US car ever had that type of sunroof installed and the dash is completely wrong. But on the Sterling end of it the car does have the late model cut-in indicators in the nose. Very strange. Only way to tell is to lift the canopy and look for the CCC stamp!

Quote Originally Posted by letterman7 View Post
    Weird. Not a Sterling that I can tell. No US car ever had that type of sunroof installed and the dash is completely wrong. But on the Sterling end of it the car does have the late model cut-in indicators in the nose. Very strange. Only way to tell is to lift the canopy and look for the CCC stamp!
    It's the Frankensterling!! Mixed with European parts...

He claims that "according to investigation" it was "bought in an auction out of an overseas container". But it's nice to have first hand information here. Very interesting, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill
    I would happily swap you my twin port type 1 for the type 4 assuming its a runner?
    He filled the engine with oil to prevent it from rust. He has no idea nor has he tried if it runs...
    My plan is to build up a strong type 1 in the future. Don't know why, but I think the type 1 fits better to a beetle that the Nova was in its past.
    Never give up!

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Supermario,

I thought I recognized it ... here are some YouTube videos from 2017 ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7aeVG_xXEs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GURNwCiPBBk&t=5s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ELLCJgSnoR4

I kept an eye on YouTube for some videos of it being restored, but nothing appeared ... clearly they didn't get round to starting it.

Best of luck!

Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Its a Mk2 Nova - you can tell by some circumstantial evidence (smooth bonnet without nostrils) and the extended wraparound rear bumper. Also, the dashboard looks to be the Mk2 "gull-wing" type. But the big giveaway is the "eyebrow" across the top of the windscreen, where the canopy height was increased to improve headroom.

If the canopy was open you would also note the lack of dowel pegs to locate the canopy when closed, as far as I know this feature was removed for the Mk2 because the hydraulic canopy became standard on all cars.

The car looks to be in reasonable shape though, worth a punt if the price is right!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by letterman7 View Post
    Only way to tell is to lift the canopy and look for the CCC stamp!
    Where exactly is this stamp usually located?

The seller added some pics with lots of documents. Most of them are hardly identifiable, but I spotted a copy of the German registration document and something relating to the registration as a historical vehicle. That gives hope. Lots of other stuff like electrical diagram and so on.

I have to write him and stop the guessing...
    Never give up!