Thread: Help needed shipping parcel to Spain.

Help needed shipping parcel to Spain.

Hi all, I have found just the BMW E30 undertray I need on Ebay in Prices Risbough BUT he will not send, collect from his home only.
    So, I was wondering if anyone in that area would be willing to collect it for me, wrap it, it would be about 1.5M x 50cm x 40cm and 3 Kilos. Wrap it up and ship it out to me. Of course I would cover all expenses after I buy it. Of course anyone knowing a cheap way of shipping, that would be great too.

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bmw-E30-325i-1987-Pre-Face-Lift-Engine-Under-tray-Rare-Part-NLA/114266219150

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    I can't pick up from there mate, I am the other side of town.

But if you can get it to me (SW19) using shipley for example (?)

I can store it and package it up as best I can for overseas transport to you

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I can't pick up from there mate, I am the other side of town.

But if you can get it to me (SW19) using shipley for example (?)

I can store it and package it up as best I can for overseas transport to you
    Thanks Steve, It's not the shipping that's the problem it's that he will not do other than "collect from my house",

I can arrange courier from here if needs be, I just need to get the thing into the hands of someone considerably more cooperative and helpful.

I have submitted for a quote from Shiply, be interesting to see the results.
    Last edited by Peter; 25-06-2020 at 11:22 AM.

The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Ok Mate, you can use my address as a staging post, assuming Shipley do Ebay pickups,
    get it delivered here, that will buy you some time to get the overseas transport organised.

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Ok Mate, you can use my address as a staging post, assuming Shipley do Ebay pickups,
    get it delivered here, that will buy you some time to get the overseas transport organised.
    This is why I love this Forum .... you're a star Steve!

Thanks Steve,

Shiply came up with two quotes, both in the 130 GBP area. that is way too much for 3KG, OK it is 1.5M long by 50cm x 40Cm, mostly thin air. I used to be able to hitch a lift as it were from a van with spare space for a fraction of that but not now it seams. Also with air fares being so cheap driving down is expensive so only a very few do it now.

I will find a way as I paid 30 GBP for a seat back without frame and I also have a new-ish LHD dashboard coming too, from UK via France. I ordered that before the shunt along with a new radiator that I have since fitted.

Just primed the upper surface of the bonnet after doing the paint and insulation and it is a bloody mess, dings and dents and big depression to be sorted before paint, as it's a bg bugger any imperfections show up.