Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Registration needed

Registration needed

Hi Guys, itís been a long time since my last post. Iíve been busy in the garage and life seems to just pass me by. I do however have good news. (Admin, please take a look).
    my MK1 Richard Oakes Nova is nearing completion and Iím beginning to think about registration.
    DVLA shows the number does not exist (not surprising) but their website indicates that a V765 form with the addition of a letter from this club, I may be able to register the car with its original number.
    is that a possibility? I have no log book, just the number plate. It was last registered 40 odd years ago and a divorce, garage fire and a very disorganised me, itís got lost. I do notice that this club is not on the DVLA list of recognised clubs. Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers, Roo

I can't help with the registration, but do please post photos

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Have you spoken to DVLA giving the reg number?

When they changed the reg docs to the new colour, they never sent me one, so I rang them and explained it had been off the road before we had to declare SORNs, and they found the details and sent me a new reg doc. Which was good, as I could not find the original...

Not sure if yours is still registered as a beetle, but it would be a start to get an initial doc?

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Hi Guys, itís been a long time since my last post. Iíve been busy in the garage and life seems to just pass me by. I do however have good news. (Admin, please take a look).
    my MK1 Richard Oakes Nova is nearing completion and Iím beginning to think about registration.
    DVLA shows the number does not exist (not surprising) but their website indicates that a V765 form with the addition of a letter from this club, I may be able to register the car with its original number.
    is that a possibility? I have no log book, just the number plate. It was last registered 40 odd years ago and a divorce, garage fire and a very disorganised me, itís got lost. I do notice that this club is not on the DVLA list of recognised clubs. Any help would be very much appreciated. Cheers, Roo
    Roo
    For your info Euro-Nova is not a club, itís a web forum. The official club is Club Nova, which uses Euro-Nova as an information resource and forum. Not sure whether Club Nova is currently on the DVLA list but check out the Club info thread on the forum for subscription and current contact details.

Mick
    Club Nova Member (F-036)

MicksRedNova2 may take as long as the original!!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi There,

If you have the reg and vin number just fill in a V62 job done

Dirk

It would help if you have any old photos of the car when it was last on the road and showing the reg. no.

When I sent my V5 away to be updated with new details (including a name change to "Nova") I had to provide supporting evidence that it was the same car as previously registered under the same number. This included before and after pictures of the restoration
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    It would help if you have any old photos of the car when it was last on the road and showing the reg. no.

When I sent my V5 away to be updated with new details (including a name change to "Nova") I had to provide supporting evidence that it was the same car as previously registered under the same number. This included before and after pictures of the restoration
    Is it that easy to get the make changed from VW to Nova today? I am thinking of a new owner that gets a Nova with an old V5, sending photos of the car as it is when purchased, with it's number on the photo, slightly tatty and needing work. The "Is it Taxed?" website lists the car as VW, no "Sports" or other indication of body style.

I changed one of mine from VW to Nova pretty easily, I was nervous doing it in case of being asked for inspections / IVA etc.. But it was simple and straight forward

I think I had a slight issue because I was making a number of changes including engine number, colour of vehicle, and name of vehicle from VW Sports To Nova.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I think I had a slight issue because I was making a number of changes including engine number, colour of vehicle, and name of vehicle from VW Sports To Nova.
    I haven't really been following this post but when the name change topic came up it got me thinking.

How many different cars, trucks or SUV's that a company builds share the same chassis? yet the manufacturer puts a different body on it and calls it a different name. They have no problem doing it.