Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Nova for Sale

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Hi Jim
    Will be keeping the lomax as the other half loves it, and being so small I can easily find somewhere to put it. Strangely I also prefer driving it compared to the nova, and to build a car I have to enjoy the end project, which I never truly got with the nova.
    Just watch this space however, for I feel that once my car has been repainted it may be back for sale again. Just a hunch ........

Was it the people from Sheffield by any chance that bought it?

Dirk

Yes

So they obviously did get the silly money they where asking for when they sold the last one, i cant believe some of the cars they have got and the money they are asking for them. I'm sure there is some money laundering scam going on here

For those that do not know them check out their other items

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Extraordi...kAAOSwcoRfDXQQ

Well done on your sale by the way and the Avante is a decent buy at that price although don't expect Nova kit build quality and it needs a respray. If you are coming up this way to have a look give me a shout and we can grab a socially distance cup of coffee. do you want me to send you the photos I have got?

Dirk

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Hmmm... pity it was bought by a dealer. Was hoping the new owner would pop up on the Forum as a genuine enthusiast. Will nevertheless be interesting to follow ....

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hmmm... pity it was bought by a dealer. Was hoping the new owner would pop up on the Forum as a genuine enthusiast. Will nevertheless be interesting to follow ....
    Yeah agreed. But Mark got a quick & hassle free sale, that is a real bonus as there are lots of dreamers out there.

I wonder if the vendor is just going to put it straight back on the market. For 20k.

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    So, the car has now gone. It went for just under 10, however they are fully aware that the car needs a total respray.
    I mentioned a while ago that the car has developed tiny spots , and you can feel them all over the body of the car. I was gutted when I first noticed them and they would only get worse. So I worked out the value of the car against a full respray and I just could not go through the process again.
    I will still be following the forum and seeing what you are all up to.
    I may even go and look at a blue Avante 😂
    Is there a reason for the spots developing?

Mine does that, and I've seen it with lot's of paintrd fibre glass - it doesn't matter what the chemistry of the paint is, seems to be something the grp gives off - pain in the arse!
    It's a 52 year old car and everything works, just not always at the same time.......and it's probably about to get jealous!
    *Donate to Euro-Nova today!*

I didn't get those "Tiny spots" symptoms on mine. I get some filler / grp movement that showed lines of repairs and also some bleed through of base coat colour into the top coat

I'll never pay for a top end paint finish on a GRP body again, its just not worth it

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    I didn't get those "Tiny spots" symptoms on mine. I get some filler / grp movement that showed lines of repairs and also some bleed through of base coat colour into the top coat

I'll never pay for a top end paint finish on a GRP body again, its just not worth it
    Same here ... and my paint job’s 30 years old

Mine also has those tiny spots - and my car is vinyl wrapped. I never noticed it before I wrapped the car but it may have already been present in the underlying paint job
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns