Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Now runs and drives!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post
    My, you have been busy! Excellent work.

I think the "outside" message is just to stop tyre fitters getting it wrong, as long as you respect the direction of normal rotation it shouldn't make a difference if the whitewalls are on the inside or the outside.

I vote for Italian stance - the jacked up look at the back is so passe, even in the 'States. Plus, you don't want your swing axles jacking up on cornering...

I nearly went for it while the rear was on axle stands and tried to adjust the spring plates but that's for another day. its going to be a lot lower.

Can't wait to give the car an 'Italian Tune Up' too!

It's been quite a while! I have been working on the Nova slowly but lost contact with the guy i was going to use to do the brakes and rear suspension. However, I decided to order all the Lexan for the windows and headlights and its gone well!

I understand that it is now illegal to post without photos so heres some!IMG_4098.jpg

For the windows I used an old one as a template then marked where I wanted a black etching around the
    sides, masked the rest of the window and sprayed matt black. From the outside it looks shiny and not painted. I then used a rubber u trim to hide imperfections in my sawing, which actually went really well.
    The Lexan is 4mm and using a hacksaw it was no issue.

The same for the headlight covers...
    IMG_3947.jpg

I have now driven the car in my road to test things and feel quite happy with the driving position.
    I now have a removal boss and a Prototype steering wheel (looks Miura ish)
    IMG_3968.jpg

I have used a MGB gear gaitor surround that I bent slightly to allow for the move curved tunnel on a beetle. Need to fashion a slim console..

A bit more trimming...
    IMG_3969.jpg

IMG_3949.jpg
    A new EMPI single tip exhaust with stainless J tubes. Need to cut the tailpipe down! I have SEV decals on all my cars as we have black cats!

Finally, to drop a cliff hanger- I've bought another Nova!(no plan to sell the above) I just want 2!
    Shall I start a new thread for it? Its a bit special...
    Last edited by novanewbie17; 09-03-2021 at 08:11 AM.

Looks great - very plush interior

Quote Originally Posted by novanewbie17 View Post

Finally, to drop a cliff hanger- I've bought another Nova!(no plan to sell the above) I just want 2!
    Of course you should - it's the law...
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar

Nice update NN17 Your Novaís looking great!

I remember when you thought about selling her because you wanted to get GT6 or something similar, but now youíve got 2 Novas ... wise choice!

If I was a betting man Iíd put money on saying that your 2nd Nova also has some orange on itís body, but if Iím wrong ... itíll be totally red with a special set of wheels. Either way, looking forward to seeing your photos

Alistair

Just to intrigue Phil- it's running a 914

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Aha! ... so it doesnít have some orange on the body!

What does it drive like - is it very quick?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Car is looking really good now, interior looks like a really nice place to be

I'm glad you had a go at doing the glazing yourself. After my run-in with Plastics 4 Performance I was equally nervous about trying it myself, but I found working with Lexan very easy and saved a fortune in the process (over £400) by doing it myself.

Looking forward to seeing your Lambo-Nova on the road very soon, after Brooklands re-opens later this year perhaps?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Just a new photo of the Nova in the sun...IMG_4200.jpg

Just a new photo of the Nova in the sun...IMG_4200.jpg
    Is the window fixed or opening, Iím working on virtually the same design at the moment with an opening lower pane instead of at the moment fixed ľ light and removable rear

mike