Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Now runs and drives!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by novanewbie17 View Post
    Ooh, hello! He's gone all Countach

You know the reason why Lamborghini ended up with a 3-piece side window is because they kept breaking the fixed pane of the 2-piece design. I spent many a long hour trying to work out the design of a "windowlette" that followed the line of the roof and A-pillar. I think that would look better, but maybe that is just me...

"Alas! Poor Yorik..."

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Couldn't resist it! I did actually try the prototype Countach window idea but wasn't sure I'd
    get the curve. The window is fixed but there's something about peering through to the interior
    through that split window that really appeals to me!

It must be starting to look good because when it's on the drive, tradesman arrive, forget what they're doing and just stare! Next to the '62 fin tail Alpine (as on Top Gear for the Bond car series last week) it's all a bit of an unexpected sighting at the unassuming cul-de-sac...
    Last edited by novanewbie17; 26-03-2021 at 08:08 PM.

It would be good to see some full length shots of the car now, at a slight distance so we can fully appreciate all the work and styling details

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    It would be good to see some full length shots of the car now, at a slight distance so we can fully appreciate all the work and styling details
    Even without the full length shots, I'm confident that NN17's photo is a lot more pleasing to the eye than that early Lambo!

Better than a concept Countach- wow!
    I want to do some proper pics too- up until now it's been confined to my driveway but now I can drive it a little I can get some better shots.
    I was also thinking that it would be good to do one of those stylised YouTube videos like the Petrolicious series for the Nova. Most of the Nova vids on YouTube are a bit dated or low res!

Most of the Nova vids on YouTube are a bit dated or low res!
    Not all ......but I guess that is my opinion...LOL

https://youtu.be/6ShrKE0YL-k

https://youtu.be/otwsH7P-Rgc

https://youtu.be/p3WZ4OIz_4k

Still good today- I used to watch these and were a contributing factor to me owning one.

Today's car YouTube videos need an intense shot of the driver, dramatic classical music and very low camera angles 😀

Edit: I just put the volume up- it does have dramatic music!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Mark (NN17),
    I was looking back through your thread and wondered where you got your seats? They look very similar to the Odyssey or Voyager seats made by Intratrim. Is that where you got them? If so, can you recommend them, and if not, where did you get them (and can you recommend them too?)
    Cheers, Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Better than a concept Countach- wow!
    I was also thinking that it would be good to do one of those stylised YouTube videos like the Petrolicious series for the Nova. Most of the Nova vids on YouTube are a bit dated or low res!
    The original LP500 is still one of my favourite cars, but I agree this is perhaps not it's most flattering angle. I guess my all-time favourite Countach has to be Red #2, later painted green and the oldest surviving car. It is actually smaller than the production cars that followed, with a lower nose line and polished window trims all round. It was also the favourite of factory legend Bob Wallance, who drove it extensively. It was also the only Countach to feature the "lynch pins" on the door hinges.

I need to up my game on the video front. I've got a higher resolution camera now, and a much more presentable interior, I'm just waiting for restrictions of local travel to be lifted so I can have a proper run out again (nobody wants to see a weeks worth of groceries in the passenger footwell )

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!