Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Spain

Hello from Spain

Hi,

I'm new on Euro-Nova, my name is Enrique and I'm from Spain.
    On November past year I bought a Nova in Spain but it came from UK.
    I think it is a Nova Mark 2 with rear bumber of Nova Mark 3, it came with the chassis completly rusted, without seats and almost without interior, it was dissasembly, but I have the important parts (windshield, windows, dashboard), the hydraulic system do not work and it is all rusted.
    I have a 1969 donor chassis and the rear suspension of a chassis IRS to install.
    My idea with the beetle chassis it is drop 4" and install an mid-engine alfa 1.7 16v, all it is in progress, and I need to decided how install the rear suspension with minor modifications.
    The engine I have to decide if will go with injection or with carbs.
    I do not know if it is original, I will see better, but I´ve only found in the front trunk "AB34/2/12".
    With the number plate it is a Volkswagen black and silver, I have to check the plate to know more information, I would like to know which page will give me more information, because there are a lot of pages to decided.
    I´ve learn very much here, and I hope can help too.

Cheers Enrique

(Excuse me if I say some wrong, I do not speak a lot of English.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hola Enrique,

I am also in Spain, Estepona, Andalusia.

I have an Eagle SS and have been trying to get it on the road for 15 years. although the regulations keep changing, some against the EU regulations, this is Spain after all. I hope you have great enjoyment building the car but be prepared for heartache getting matricular.

If you know of any method of registering legal from UK matricular transfer to Spanish let me know please. Also any insurgence company that will insure it, not found one yet, at least with sane prices.

There has been a couple of transverse engine mounts but you will need to fabricate a box frame to attach to the rear of the VW floor pan and attach suspension to that also.

Google English/Spanish works well for me and I am sure you too.

Salute,
    Peter
    Last edited by Peter; 27-07-2020 at 02:46 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Hola Peter,

I am in Valladolid.

When the car is finished I will talk with Cidaut in Valladolid to done an historic car, I have a friend there and he tells me that it is possible, another think is to change the plate to Spain directly, which is only possible if you change your residence or if you done an individual homologation.

From the company to insure it I have not seen anything yet, when I will do, I will tell you what I found.

The engine is not a problem to install it, I made the modifications to the chassis and it was relatively easy, the problem is with the exhaust, because it is also a boxer, and the exhaust can not be done without modify the irs suspension, and I do not want to waste the money to install double wishbone, although I will install springs and uniball.

If I can help you just tell me.

Saludos,

Enrique

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Hola Enrique,

I am also in Spain, Estepona, Andalusia.

I have an Eagle SS and have been trying to get it on the road for 15 years. although the regulations keep changing, some against the EU regulations, this is Spain after all. I hope you have great enjoyment building the car but be prepared for heartache getting matricular.

If you know of any method of registering legal from UK matricular transfer to Spanish let me know please. Also any insurgence company that will insure it, not found one yet, at least with sane prices.

There has been a couple of transverse engine mounts but you will need to fabricate a box frame to attach to the rear of the VW floor pan and attach suspension to that also.

Google English/Spanish works well for me and I am sure you too.

Salute,
    Peter
    Last edited by badbug; 28-07-2020 at 10:20 AM.

Owners Register Admin & Euro-Nova Supporter BlueNova's Avatar
    Hola Enrique,
    Welcome to the Forum! Looks like you have a good project and I’m looking forward to following your progress. Remember to post lots of photos or even the odd video. You’ll find lots of helpful friendly folk on here. Enjoy your build.
    All the best, Alistair

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by badbug View Post
    Hi,

I'm new on Euro-Nova, my name is Enrique and I'm from Spain.
    On November past year I bought a Nova in Spain but it came from UK.
    I think it is a Nova Mark 2 with rear bumber of Nova Mark 3, it came with the chassis completly rusted, without seats and almost without interior, it was dissasembly, but I have the important parts (windshield, windows, dashboard), the hydraulic system do not work and it is all rusted.
    I have a 1969 donor chassis and the rear suspension of a chassis IRS to install.
    My idea with the beetle chassis it is drop 4" and install an mid-engine alfa 1.7 16v, all it is in progress, and I need to decided how install the rear suspension with minor modifications.
    The engine I have to decide if will go with injection or with carbs.
    I do not know if it is original, I will see better, but I´ve only found in the front trunk "AB34/2/12".
    With the number plate it is a Volkswagen black and silver, I have to check the plate to know more information, I would like to know which page will give me more information, because there are a lot of pages to decided.
    I´ve learn very much here, and I hope can help too.

Cheers Enrique

(Excuse me if I say some wrong, I do not speak a lot of English.)
    Hi Enrique,
    Welcome to the forum, good to hear about your car.
    The car should have a aluminium VIN plate in the front compartment (trunk) with a body number, they are missing on some cars however (my car didn't have one). I don' recognise the AB34 number you mention.

If you have the UK reg number you can get some basic details here: https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Yes it looks like a Mk 2, assuming it is then dropping the floor 4 inches is a lot (if that is what you mean?) the Mk2s have more headroom. It depends on the height of the driver of course.
    Good luck with the build, keep the updates coming.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hola Enrique,
    Welcome to the Forum! Looks like you have a good project and I’m looking forward to following your progress. Remember to post lots of photos or even the odd video. You’ll find lots of helpful friendly folk on here. Enjoy your build.
    All the best, Alistair

Thanks for the welcome Alistair, when I do more work I will post more photos, but right now I am with the tedious job of cleaning all the chassis parts and suspensions. I have liked this car for many years, so I am like a child.

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Hi Enrique,
    Welcome to the forum, good to hear about your car.
    The car should have a aluminium VIN plate in the front compartment (trunk) with a body number, they are missing on some cars however (my car didn't have one). I don' recognise the AB34 number you mention.

If you have the UK reg number you can get some basic details here: https://vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/

Yes it looks like a Mk 2, assuming it is then dropping the floor 4 inches is a lot (if that is what you mean?) the Mk2s have more headroom. It depends on the height of the driver of course.
    Good luck with the build, keep the updates coming.
    Hi Steve

Thanks for the welcome

The car has not any plate in the front compartment, just that number engraved in the front compartment with the body mold.

I have the UK plate and with the page of the gov.uk it say the following:

Untaxed from 1 August 1992
    Vehicle make VOLKSWAGEN
    Date of first registration August 1969
    Year of manufacture 1969
    Cylinder capacity 1584 cc
    CO₂ emissions Not available
    Fuel type PETROL
    Euro status Not available
    Real Driving Emissions (RDE) Not available
    Export marker No
    Vehicle status Untaxed
    Vehicle colour BLACK
    Vehicle type approval Not available
    Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
    Revenue weight Not available
    Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 27 February 1992

According to other page the colour is black and silver, so I think that the car was registered as a kitcar before 1992, altough I have to check the plate to make sure the chassis number is correct and know how many details of the car are registered.

I have drop the ground 4 inches because altough I am 5´8", my brother is 6´1", if you say me that with less is enought, I am in time to change it.

I will open a post when I have updates

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by badbug View Post
    Hi Steve

Thanks for the welcome

The car has not any plate in the front compartment, just that number engraved in the front compartment with the body mold.

I have the UK plate and with the page of the gov.uk it say the following:

Untaxed from 1 August 1992
    Vehicle make VOLKSWAGEN
    Date of first registration August 1969
    Year of manufacture 1969
    Cylinder capacity 1584 cc
    CO₂ emissions Not available
    Fuel type PETROL
    Euro status Not available
    Real Driving Emissions (RDE) Not available
    Export marker No
    Vehicle status Untaxed
    Vehicle colour BLACK
    Vehicle type approval Not available
    Wheelplan 2 AXLE RIGID BODY
    Revenue weight Not available
    Date of last V5C (logbook) issued 27 February 1992

According to other page the colour is black and silver, so I think that the car was registered as a kitcar before 1992, altough I have to check the plate to make sure the chassis number is correct and know how many details of the car are registered.

I have drop the ground 4 inches because altough I am 5´8", my brother is 6´1", if you say me that with less is enought, I am in time to change it.

I will open a post when I have updates

I am 6"1 and I have lowered the floor 4 inches, but that is a Mk1.
    There are a few variables in the equation, so it is hard to give definite advice on this.
    I would suggest a 3 in drop for your brother, but its your call man.

What is the chassis number? For 1969 it would be. I am sure you know where that is.

Enrique chassis.jpg

Year Chassis 34bhp DIN
    40bhp DIN
    44bhp DIN
    47bhp DIN
    1600 M157
    37bhp DIN
    1300 M240
    40bhp DIN
    1500 M240
    Notes
    Aug 1 110 2 000 001 D0 525 050 F1 778 164 H1 124 669 B6 000 001
    E0 020 022 L0 024 106
    Aug 110 2 092 844 D0 548 000 F1 818 000 H1 139 000
    Sep 110 2 191 729 D0 556 579 F1 851 289 H1 148 851
    Oct 110 2 300 599 D0 572 129 F1 885 905 H1 166 582
    Nov 110 2 395 272 D0 585 279 F1 912 509 H1 179 156
    Dec 110 2 473 153 D0 592 445 F1 932 908 H1 187 829 B6 192 532 E0 020 937 L0 024 788

You will also find that moving the seat forward and reclining more will accommodate a 6'1" OK.
    Last edited by Peter; 30-07-2020 at 10:50 AM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I am 6"1 and I have lowered the floor 4 inches, but that is a Mk1.
    There are a few variables in the equation, so it is hard to give definite advice on this.
    I would suggest a 3 in drop for your brother, but its your call man.
    Thanks for the advice

Now that I think, as I made a new floor lowering panel, although it is 4" height, it would be as if I had lowered the original floor by 3", anyway, since I have to do a test with the body to install the back suspension, I will try to install the seats to know what height is free.