Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from Silsden West Yorkshire

Hello from Silsden West Yorkshire

Hello to everyone on the forum, my name is Steve I live on a farm in the Yorkshire dales.

I have been visiting the forum for quite some time but never got round to becoming a member but after reading the later posts about Marks Gulf Nova I thought I better make myself a member and let you all know what is happening.

I was interested in the car when I first read marks thread on here so I kept looking on ebay for it been listed but I was too slow and missed it.

Then I saw it relisted and I offered the seller 12k but he would not accept my offer and it was then sold to the collector chap on Saturday, I was gutted all weekend that I had missed my chance.

I looked in on the forum this morning and saw the post that the collector had backed out due to some sad circumstances so I phoned the seller again to say I would pay his full asking price of £12,995 I will be taking delivery of Marks Nova this Wednesday......sorry I am in a bit of a dither at the moment and can't wait till Wednesday.

Take care all I will keep you all updated.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Hi Steve,

A very warm welcome to the Forum! You'll have seen how helpful (and 'playful') folk are on here. Really pleased you've decided to join. Given that the last buyer was a 'collector' and Mark only covered 238 miles, hopefully you're intending to use 'the Princess' a little bit more?

I've probably got another year or so to go before mine's road legal, but I guess there won't be many opportunities for meeting up at Stones, etc, for a while anyway.

In the meantime, welcome to Nova ownership (have you had one before?) and looking forward to chatting on the Forum!

Alistair

Well
    Hello Steve !
    I am sure we will talk in the future , but , welcome to the forum, and if you need to know anything about the car, I am sure the forum will help you !!!
    Only joking 👍

Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. You've got yourself a gorgeous car, so enjoy it.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Hi Steve and welcome to the forum. You've got yourself a gorgeous car, so enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum- nearly bought the car myself but 2 is a handful!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi Steve, welcome as others have said you have got yourself a very nice car.

Dirk

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Steve,

A very warm welcome to the Forum! You'll have seen how helpful (and 'playful') folk are on here. Really pleased you've decided to join. Given that the last buyer was a 'collector' and Mark only covered 238 miles, hopefully you're intending to use 'the Princess' a little bit more?

I've probably got another year or so to go before mine's road legal, but I guess there won't be many opportunities for meeting up at Stones, etc, for a while anyway.

In the meantime, welcome to Nova ownership (have you had one before?) and looking forward to chatting on the Forum!

Alistair
    Hello Alistair thank you for the very warm welcome, I will certainly be driving her through the summer months but I will be keeping her indoors over the winter.

It will be great to meet up with you when you get yours finished and i wish you all the best with getting her finished, I am a driver not a builder and would be totally out of my depth building one myself.

I had a black mk1 back in the early 80s with a VW 1600cc engine but that had to go due to a divorce,

We live on a farm on Silsden moor in the Yorkshire dales and Phil Sayers brother has lived and worked here for ten years, I called in to see Graham today to ask him to let Phil know i had just bought the Nova as I know he still has a keen interest in them, Phil lives in Craco Nr Skipton just a few miles up the road from us so I will get a photo of him sitting in the car to post on the forum.

Take care Alistair I look forward to catching up with you again soon.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raptor1 View Post
    Hello Alistair thank you for the very warm welcome, I will certainly be driving her through the summer months but I will be keeping her indoors over the winter.

It will be great to meet up with you when you get yours finished and i wish you all the best with getting her finished, I am a driver not a builder and would be totally out of my depth building one myself.

I had a black mk1 back in the early 80s with a VW 1600cc engine but that had to go due to a divorce,

We live on a farm on Silsden moor in the Yorkshire dales and Phil Sayers brother has lived and worked here for ten years, I called in to see Graham today to ask him to let Phil know i had just bought the Nova as I know he still has a keen interest in them, Phil lives in Craco Nr Skipton just a few miles up the road from us so I will get a photo of him sitting in the car to post on the forum.

Take care Alistair I look forward to catching up with you again soon.
    Sounds like the car was make for you ... Mark said he was a builder, not a driver, but you are the opposite. The connection with Phil is fantastic and I look forward to seeing the photos!

In the meantime, I look after the Owners Database which gets updated every few months (or longer! ). I've made a note that Mark is no longer the owner and you are the new owner so if it's OK with you I'll include that change in the next update.

You must be smiling from ear to ear ... enjoy what remains of the summer and post lots of photos for all the Nova Junkies on here (me included!)

Alistair

Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Well
    Hello Steve !
    I am sure we will talk in the future , but , welcome to the forum, and if you need to know anything about the car, I am sure the forum will help you !!!
    Only joking 👍
    Hello Mark thank you for the welcome and also for building such a beautiful example, I will look after her and she will always be known as Mark's Nova she is a total credit to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Thank you for the welcome Phill, She sure is a gorgeous example even my other half Joan thinks so.