Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bristol Volksfest Drive In

Quote Originally Posted by bobberuk View Post

Attachment 4277

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEF5Kw0u2sY

I'll get round to working the angles out for the second blade over the winter, hopefully
    Thanks for sharing and going to the trouble of the video, interesting set-up and certainly food for thought. I've always wanted to manage to get to a set-up where the blade parked at the bottom of the screen.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    I think my wiper motor and pantograph came from a JCB of some sort; on the motor I think you can loosen the 'plastic' part on the motor behind the mechanism and rotate it to get the 'park' gap in the contacts into the right place - not near the car so can't show anything, but maybe the above makes some sense? `¬)

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MartinB View Post
    I think my wiper motor and pantograph came from a JCB of some sort; on the motor I think you can loosen the 'plastic' part on the motor behind the mechanism and rotate it to get the 'park' gap in the contacts into the right place - not near the car so can't show anything, but maybe the above makes some sense? `¬)
    Yes, my Lucas wiper motor has the same design, you loosen off the clamp ring (3 x 0.25" hex bolts) and the plastic cover containing the park contacts can be rotated, allowing you to have the fashionable "centre park, half-wipe each side" or park along the bottom of the screen etc. Very useful.

I recently fixed a troublesome issue with my wiper using this feature. In its latest incarnation my wiper was banging on the A-pillar at the top of the sweep. I was wondering how to engineer a solution to make it stop, involving cutting and re-welding the linkage on the motor gearbox, when I had a thought and tried adjusting the park contacts instead. What I actually did was adjust the motor so that when energised it does a short downward movement before sweeping back up to the A-pillar. This reduces the effective sweep angle enough to stop the banging at the end of the sweep, and the park position is still low down by the base of the windscreen. I had never encountered the problem before because the self-park had never worked...

Sorry Bobber for hijacking your thread. It's great to see some car events going ahead, pretty much everything I wanted to go to this year has been cancelled, and in any case I would be too wary of going anyway.

I do like your ATS alloys by the way

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Quote Originally Posted by Spacenut View Post

Sorry Bobber for hijacking your thread. It's great to see some car events going ahead, pretty much everything I wanted to go to this year has been cancelled, and in any case I would be too wary of going anyway.

I do like your ATS alloys by the way

Lauren
    No worries on the hijack.. Some useful information given there.

We only went down to the event because it was literally 1/2mile down the road. We were also quite wary, but it was very well organised. It was ticket only restricted to 500 people. Every car was parked a minimum of 2m apart. Every trade stall had sanitiser available and people queued sensibly. Most people were wearing masks when near others, they were obligatory to get in, as you had to enter through the Helicopter Museum. They even cleaned the mic they made me tell everyone about the car, before and after I drove it into the arena.

Oh, and glad you like the wheels. I reckon they suit it pretty well.
    Last edited by bobberuk; 24-09-2020 at 06:51 PM.