Thread: Wiper part help

Wiper part help

I thought I had all the wiper parts squared away but I don't. Hoping somebody can help point me to what bits I'm missing.

The Good:
    I have the motor, bracket and wiper arm

The BAD:
    I am missing the "gear" that fits onto the assembly so that the pantograph arm will index correctly. I think the image below should help with what I'm missing

IMG_20200915_192251.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    not sure what you are missing? The wiper arm is driven by the motor and the other arm of the wiper pivots on the other fixed pivot point? There should be an 'insert' in the driven arm that fits onto the driving point, is that what you are missing?
    Image2.jpgIts usually fitted inside the arm?
    Last edited by MartinB; 16-09-2020 at 07:12 AM.

Looks like I am missing a handful of bits. Looking like I may need to just suck it up and start measuring and looking around for replacements now I have a diagram of what is missing.

Annotation 2020-09-16 072849.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by vpogv View Post

The BAD:
    I am missing the "gear" that fits onto the assembly so that the pantograph arm will index correctly. I think the image below should help with what I'm missing

IMG_20200915_192251.jpg
    Just found your wiring diagram for the wipers.
    Just thinking that maybe the problem might be in the wiring if your issue is with the "park" feature.

What year and model is your column out of??

I have a 5 wire motor in my car and I don't use relays for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Just found your wiring diagram for the wipers.
    Just thinking that maybe the problem might be in the wiring if your issue is with the "park" feature.

What year and model is your column out of??

I have a 5 wire motor in my car and I don't use relays for it.
    While I may have wired it differently the issue is definitely a parts missing kind. I am missing the shaft nut, rain shield, knurled driver and cap nut. Piecing sizes together now for it so hopefully will be able to update to help others that are missing or in my case, threw out, parts.

To answer your question though Brett I have a 1989 GM column from a Camaro.