Thread: Nova on EBay

That is the one i posted from facebook marketplace a couple of days ago very quick sale from the original owner instantly re-listed as soon as its trip from Warrington to Swindon was complete.

Does however look better with a wash.

Hopefully this will see it go to a good home soon.

Stuart

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Struth, that was a quick turnaround .... and I see the auction finishes tonight!

Ha, that came up in my instagram feed last night. Pictures of them collecting it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CFh1eozA...d=9v8usfir1uuu

Some guy with a transporting company. Has a lot of photos of car collecting, not sure if he was just the delivery guy or moves them on for a small profit.

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    I think in this case he may have got a large profit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/...p2047675.l2565

The MO is to find a car that is under-priced, and not properly described, poor photos, (and perhaps on a forum that not everyone has access to).

Go and do the deal quickly - get the car bought.

Chuck a bucket of water over it.

Then re-list on eBay and maybe other channels, with good photos, good description, and get the proper price for it.

This assumes the eBay deal went through, of course.

If you watch some of the US car shows they have a similar MO for some of their purchases, it's so simple, its brilliant.

On the car itself, I'd be concerned that there is no V5, and it's got wet.
    It's not far off a basket-case IMO (requiring a total rebuild of everything), certainly a body-off job.
    Then again, some of us have paid more for cars in similar condition

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    I think in this case he may have got a large profit.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/bfl/viewbids/...p2047675.l2565

The MO is to find a car that is under-priced, and not properly described, poor photos, (and perhaps on a forum that not everyone has access to).

Go and do the deal quickly - get the car bought.

Chuck a bucket of water over it.

Then re-list on eBay and maybe other channels, with good photos, good description, and get the proper price for it.

This assumes the eBay deal went through, of course.

If you watch some of the US car shows they have a similar MO for some of their purchases, it's so simple, its brilliant.

On the car itself, I'd be concerned that there is no V5, and it's got wet.
    It's not far off a basket-case IMO (requiring a total rebuild of everything), certainly a body-off job.
    Then again, some of us have paid more for cars in similar condition
    Hopefully the sale goes through and it is the perfect car for the buyer! As a wannabe owner I can see ways it might be. I don't think you are going to be able to flip this one again though.

I was the under bidder! My bid took it up by 200 over the guy below me. The last bidder came in 2 seconds before the end to rescue? me by £25. There were quite a few plusses for me, the V5 which could be checked by asking for a scan of it before payment, in reality that has to be worth £600 really for a modified kit car, and looking up the reg number, the amazing dashboard, so 1980s, the early twin nostrel bonnet, nice wheels, nice steering wheel, twin carbs, and hopefully a motor that is not seized. The guy that moved it without damaging the body could hopefully deliver it too. Every part that was there was what I wanted and I was happy with. The downside is it was by no means complete. The plan would have been to finish it with 80s parts, and if anything changes wise, put it back to as "ordinary" a Nova as possible. Given there isn't such a thing, there are no worries about that. The down sides were I didn't know if it had disk brakes at the front, there were no seats, I'm not sure how deep the floor drops were, side windows not there, the screen was starting to delaminate but not too badly for now. The chassis could be rotten and I am not in the country to check the description. I would rather have paid a bit more and got something closer to finished, which coupled with the fact it is not the best time for me at all to get it, that is how I set my limit! I had seen the facebook advert thanks to the group, but it was already reserved, and no real details were in the advert.

This is the kind of look that I would like to have gone for, pure 1980s in my view: https://www.ricardo.ch/de/a/vw-nova-...et-1100392014/

So that is what was going through the mind of one of the bidders!