Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Goodwood Speed Week

Yes a good race and I thought the Capri was going to win it until it was outgunned by the larger engined Camaro.

Did you see the interview with Jackie Stewart - he said all the greatest drivers including Lewis Hamilton had raced at Goodwood. But I don't think Lewis Hamilton has ever raced at Goodwood (he's too young) so what was all that about?
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Jacki Stewart is loosing it, that's what. sad.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    Yes a good race and I thought the Capri was going to win it until it was outgunned by the larger engined Camaro.

Did you see the interview with Jackie Stewart - he said all the greatest drivers including Lewis Hamilton had raced at Goodwood. But I don't think Lewis Hamilton has ever raced at Goodwood (he's too young) so what was all that about?
    Lewis Hamilton (and one-time team-mate Jensen Button) used to test the McLaren MP4-12C at Goodwood. But unless he has participated in the Revival or Members Meet I though his only appearances were demonstration runs at FOS.

He doesn't seem to have a presence in historic motorsport, I guess he has a contract that prevents that kind of thing

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Well, the Gerry Marshall trophy race was exciting, but I do get annoyed with this type of race - the cars represented cover 10 years of touring cars, only the Silverstone Classic runs races with such a broad period of cars, which is just as annoying. A championship winning Lotus 72 sits at the back of the grid because there is a 1980 Spice or some such in the same group. Pah! So it was obvious that the class of 1980 would come out on top.

I always feel sorry for Gregor Marshall, every year he enters a Firenza or Viva HB and runs around at the back of the grid (he was in a Group 1 Firenza this time). He certainly doesn't have the flamboyant style of his father, but partnered with "touring car legend" Matt Neal he should have done better. If cars from the Tricentrol Super Saloon series were allowed, we would have Baby Bertha on the front of the grid and that would have been that!

I can only assume that the silhouette cars are considered to be too mad for historic touring car racing, or perhaps the organisers worry that they would provide a better spectacle than today's BTCC (yawn)???

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    The cars were fantastic, especially the photos of that very low and special green machine, but I'm sorry Lauren, I've just found my highlight of Goodwood ............. Go Mark!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MEgMtw13s9I

Alistair

My dad always used to take me to see the thunder saloons at Brands I will always remember Gerry Marshall with Big and Baby Bertha I think their main competition was silhouette DFV engine vw type 3 fantastic entertainment