Thread: Searching rear bumper for my Sterling GT

Searching rear bumper for my Sterling GT

Hello - I'm looking for a rear bumper for my Sterling GT - do you have an idea?
    Attached Images Attached Images

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Zagato - this is the original moulding for the ADD Mk1 Nova (1972-1974, approximately 174 examples). Later cars used a different moulding with alternative lights. The UK rear panel used Bedford CF van lights mounted horizontally, the Sterling pictured uses Triumph TR7 lights.

Most ADD Mk1 rear panels have been thrown away by owners who wanted to fit larger engines, modified exhausts etc. I know that Poly-Creations reproduce Nova panels and mouldings, but they seem to be based on the French Defi, which omitted the rear panel and has a slightly re-shaped undertray. You can always ask I guess.

Failing that, I would recommend contacting the Sterling site in the US - there will be far more examples of this type of rear panel (both new and second-hand) compared to the UK or Europe.

Good luck!

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Yep, he's contacted us as well, Lauren. Unfortunately, shipping is prohibitively expensive. I quoted a rear valance to Holland and the shipper wanted nearly $1500 USD!

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    PM sent

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    PM sent
    If Steve is not looking to sell his old bumper then I took a thin splash mould from Steve's bumper so I could make a one off for my Nova. I can lend / sell you the mould if you want?

Thanks for your answers - I ordered a sterling bumper from Poly Creation in Belgium (I sent a picture) and received this part - unfortunately it doesn't fit at all - it's totally crooked - and the shape is completely different
    Polycreation 2.jpgPolycreation 3.jpgPolycreation 4.jpgPolycreation 5.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Unfortunately that is a later (Elam) Mk1 rear bumper, although it should fit the ADD undertray

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!