Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Really Nice Blue Avante for Sale (£4750) .... be Quick!!

Quote Originally Posted by novanewbie17 View Post
    I rang him to buy it last night and he told me he took a deposit on it already.
    Don't know why he hasn't marked it as such.
    Now off eBay.
    It would not surprise me, due to location, that the same guy that bought mine and Jim’s car has bought this. If he did he has one hell of a collection !

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Hi Steve,

I told "Mrs Bluenova" about it and even showed her the pictures. Incredibly she said, "Well, if you want it go ahead, BUT you'll need to get rid of your van, the old Vitara that's stuck to the driveway, your 2 catamarans, etc, etc,

It's really tempting though, but I'm sure someone else will snap this one up quickly (if they haven't already!). IMHO this is probably the best Avante I've seen for sale in the past 5 years, and bearing in mind the private reg, it's a bargain!!!

Alistair

It's tempting but you have Nova blood in your veins, Alastair.
    I agree with 'er indoors about shifting the Vitara though, there will be a pristine blue Nova on there soon enough ;-)

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Very nice example and one i have not seen before im surprised he didn't make more of the engine is that a type 4? They where never made in gelcoat it is 2 pack paint. Ive also never seen one with a Nova style 2 pod dash. I do like it though. No good for Mark its a driver not a doer uper.

Dirk

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk
    The advert said 1600 IIRC, which means it is probably a Type 3 (i.e. Beetle engine block, with the Type 4 style fan housing).

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Buffy View Post
    Now off eBay.
    It would not surprise me, due to location, that the same guy that bought mine and Jim’s car has bought this. If he did he has one hell of a collection !
    Did Jim's car ever appear for sale in that guy's website?

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The advert said 1600 IIRC, which means it is probably a Type 3 (i.e. Beetle engine block, with the Type 4 style fan housing).
    Yes definately a type 3 engine, it's the same as I had in my original Nova which came out of a type 3 squareback. The engine is identical to the Beetle, it's just the cooling arrangement that was changed to make the engine flatter to allow a boot space to be created in the back of the type 3 above the engine
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Did Jim's car ever appear for sale in that guy's website?
    I’ve been keeping an eye on his site and haven’t seen Jim’s Nova. I suspect the new owner was lined up without any need to advertise

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    I’ve been keeping an eye on his site and haven’t seen Jim’s Nova. I suspect the new owner was lined up without any need to advertise
    Was just looking at the eBay site for the Sheffield company which bought Buffy’s Nova and I see Jim’s Nova (with new reg no) in the background of the photos of the red AC Cobra kit. I suspect that they’re ‘old’ photos and that a buyer was lined up already because they’ve not actually advertised Jim’s Nova and several buyers were interested in Buffy’s Nova.

Nice to see Jim’s Nova again ... hope she went/goes to an appreciative new owner