Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Servo brakes

Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Had the same problem back in 2005 so went for Wilwood 4 pot radial , very light and good feel, Bugpack rear disc conversion, isn't that much heavier than a drum and shoe setup.
    Attachment 4360 Attachment 4359

Are they Wilwood vented discs you're using Peter are they larger in dia? I'm ok with the rear as the rear calipers and disc from the alfa fit on the front hubs which are now on the back
    Mike

Std diameter but of course much thicker, from VWheratige or Limebug (about 950 for the kit. but bloody expensive compared to other makes of vented discs such as for my mum in laws Honda civic, full set for 60€.

The front hub (4x130) from the early rear engine Skoda Rapid fit the T! T2 axle with separate vented discs but where the hell do you find one after 20 year.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Phill View Post
    I don't really think a servo is necessary or productive
    Phill I'm not going to get into a heated discussion with you on this and I have no problem with your comments but let me give you this information to maybe help you understand why I did some things.

4 years ago my car was weeks from getting back on the road when my wife expressed her desire to drive the car.
    At the time the car had standard manual steering standard brakes and a manual opening canopy and that was fine for me.

My wife stands 5'2" and weighs 125 pounds and I wont mention her age, so there was no way (in my mind) that she would be safe or happy driving the car without making some changes to it.
    Hence the reason for the improvements to systems of the car. Needed or not.

I guess I share something with Peter. We agitate people without knowing it

And some time knowingly my friend. It's all good fun, life would be so boring otherwise.

I decided I didn't like the triple analogue dials so went digital , then it was R&P steering with change to left and drive which led to pedal box which led to triple cylinders which led to mods on front brakes which led to...... 15 years later I have all the mechanical stuff done, tested and happy, just the interior to change for the 10th or is it 12th time,. Then of course it's going back over what I did 15 years ago and refurbishing or replacing it.
    Last edited by Peter; 24-10-2020 at 04:30 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Quote Originally Posted by Brett View Post
    Phill I'm not going to get into a heated discussion with you on this and I have no problem with your comments

I guess I share something with Peter. We agitate people without knowing it
    lol, it can be very easy to misinterpret someone's comments, and I can see now that my claim that a servo was neither necessary or productive may have been interpreted by you as me being negative about your upgrade. So I hope no offence was taken by you, but if there was, I apologise.
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns