Thread: Old nova owner returning to the fold

Old nova owner returning to the fold

Greetings all

I used to own CTN 841J back in 2005. Wondering if anyone has seen it or heard of it recently? I believe it was painted blue after I sold it. It had a 1641cc thurrock big bore in it. Great fun.

Screenshot_20201024-212042_Facebook.jpg

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rammers View Post
    Greetings all

I used to own CTN 841J back in 2005. Wondering if anyone has seen it or heard of it recently? I believe it was painted blue after I sold it. It had a 1641cc thurrock big bore in it. Great fun.

Screenshot_20201024-212042_Facebook.jpg
    Welcome back to the fold Rammers ... I'm sensing a tinge of regret at having sold her? I currently look after the Forum database but it only goes back a couple of years. Hopefully someone else will have heard of her? Anyway, anyone with an interest in Novas, Avantes, Eagle SS's, etc, is most welcome, and if you fancy trying to buy another Nova this is probably the best place to find one. You'll need lots of patience though because they're like hen's teeth, and the ones that appear for sale tend to need lots of work.

Would be good to hear more about CTN 841J with any other photos you might have. You never know, it might just catch someone's eye who's got some knowledge of the car after you sold her.

Cheers, Alistair

You could try the DVLA. The on-line data base will give you current status but you will need form V888 to find owner. We had an Eagle RV jeep reunited with its original owner last month after 15 years that way.

In fact done that for you

Vehicle Details

Vehicle makeVOLKSWAGEN
    Date of first registrationApril 1971
    Year of manufacture1971
    Cylinder capacity1700 cc
    CO₂ emissionsNot available
    Fuel typePETROL
    Euro statusNot available
    Real Driving Emissions (RDE)Not available
    Export markerNo
    Vehicle statusSORN
    Vehicle colourBLUE
    Vehicle type approvalNot available
    Wheelplan2 AXLE RIGID BODY
    Revenue weightNot available
    Date of last V5C (logbook) issued20 September 2012
    Last edited by Peter; 25-10-2020 at 12:20 PM.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl