Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi All...Question about Hydraulic roof pumps??

Hi All...Question about Hydraulic roof pumps??

Hope you all well in these crazy times........

Can you please give me your thoughts on using something other than a smiths pump as the pump for the canopy!!!!

Has anyone ever used ...
    Hydraulic pump from ..Audi Convertible , available on ebay from £50 with rams.....
    SAAB Convertible pump!

Or what about electric actuators ...too much of a load on Battery????

I know the smiths pumps are still available but are expensive compared to other Hydraulic Pumps...

Please give me your thoughts....if money was no issue then i suppose the smiths pump is tried & tested....
    but thinking , AUDI. SAAB etc will be refined & quieter......or would the electrics be a problem???

please give me your thoughts on the subject or maybe you have used something else that has done the job!!!

Also needs to be able to work with a remote button for added cool factor ;o)

cheers

Dave

Tried and tested by a number of members including myself is a quiet hydraulic pump, part number HPR1504HPRNSB05 from www.hydraproducts.co.uk

Any pump will work with a remote as that bit really has not relation to the pump itself, its just the energising method.
    Last edited by islandman; 29-10-2020 at 12:17 PM.

I also bought this pump. Very good and simple to install.
    With research through the forum you will also find the wiring diagrams for installation and the remote is straightforward to add.

Cheers

Thanks guys appreciate your replies

Dave

In Australia they all seem to use linear actuators, so maybe worth considering instead? Join the Facebook group for the Eureka for more info and advice
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Not sure how powerful the electric motors are on European hoods with reference how fast they would lift the roof some also have a lot of ports which you would have to sort out, might be worth looking for a yank motor they come with big pump motors and rams, mine came from a Pontiac Parisienne, I’ve also got similar units from a Mustang and a Le Baron as spares

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    I have Linak LA30 Actuators on my car, this is the model that the Aussie guys (incl. Bushboy) use.
    When I did my research on this subject, this was the only actuator that was powerful enough, fast enough and compact enough to lift the Nova Canopy, it is also quiet. And expensive.

There is a discussion on it here:
    http://www.euro-nova.co.uk/vb/showth...-are-you-using

My opinion is that if your car is on the road you should stick with Hydraulics, because the install is easier.
    if you are re-building from scratch (i.e. you have the entire car in bits anyway) then LA30s are a more viable option.
    Why? Because the LA30 is a tricky install, I had to cut away a section of the body (lower hinge area) for clearance, and alter the dash base (you'd have to remove the dash base on a road-going car), and reposition the spigot on the front hinge arm.

Hi Dave,

My Pump is from a 24 volt fork lift. But 12 Volt is enough.
    Up in 4 seconds, down in 3 seconds with a vent and own weight of the canopy.
    Up is sssssssss
    Down is ffffffff
    Very quit.

cheers

Friedl

Anyone thought of using an accumulator? Used in conjunction with solinoid valves that would be very quick and silent with pump just boosting accumulator pressure afterwards, as in when driving.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Tried and tested by a number of members including myself is a quiet hydraulic pump, part number HPR1504HPRNSB05 from www.hydraproducts.co.uk

Any pump will work with a remote as that bit really has not relation to the pump itself, its just the energising method.
    Thanks David,
    I ended up getting a 12v reversible pump from these guys .
    Cheers
    Dave