Thread: More on Vitamin D and Covid...

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

More on Vitamin D and Covid...

More on Vitamin D and Covid...

There is compelling evidence that Vitamin D will help prevent you getting Covid
    AND lessen the symptoms if you do get infected.

Boris has not cottoned-on yet...

This from Dr John Campbell, it's a long video - stick with it:

https://youtu.be/HxtddpoPMKo

Isn't it strange that a large proportion of the population have a low level of vitamin D, especially being in lockdown and not getting sufficient sun exposure... `¬)

I'm not convinced this is specific to Covid, but rather that a low vitamin D level makes you generally more susceptible to all sorts of things.

But yes, getting sufficient Vitamin D can only help your immune system in all cases and presently that will be beneficial for Covid as well.

This is true of all things that contribute to being a healthy human being, including exercise in the outside sun even if there is less sunshine in the winter months.

The upshot is that if you are fit and healthy, you have a better chance of staying well or at least not affected as badly as you would be if not.

As Dr John says, during the winter months the vitamin D is important - particularly interesting the data associations he gives as well for different areas and ethnic types.

Reminds me, I must take a good brisk walk `¬)

And here in Spain where we have l-oads of sun we have one of the highest infection rates ??? We also have the most recalcitrant youths.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK
    Genuine and an original, "Grumpy old mechanic".

http://ukhozi.page.tl

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    And here in Spain where we have l-oads of sun we have one of the highest infection rates ??? We also have the most recalcitrant youths.
    The people that end up in hospital or worse because of Covid are overwhelmingly 65+ with a pre-existing medical conditions. That demographic does not venture outdoors into the Spanish sun, to top-up their Vit D levels.
    There is more to it if course (Dr Campbell goes into the detail in his Vids) such as some nations being more tactile, levels of obesity, ventilation and acceptance of Govt rules on distancing & wearing masks.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    The people that end up in hospital or worse because of Covid are overwhelmingly 65+ with a pre-existing medical conditions. That demographic does not venture outdoors into the Spanish sun, to top-up their Vit D levels.
    There is more to it if course (Dr Campbell goes into the detail in his Vids) such as some nations being more tactile, levels of obesity, ventilation and acceptance of Govt rules on distancing & wearing masks.
    Can't believe this Forum is discussing Covid ... but it's Global, so of course we should!

Anyway, my daughter worked in the Adult Covid ICU in Glasgow at the height of the 1st wave in April, and she described it as being 'absolutely horrific'. She told me how she held folks' hands as she spoke to them as they passed away without their families by their side ... she said they weren't in their 80's and 90's as the news would have you believe ..... they were only in their 50's and 60's!

So don't let your guard drop with news of a vaccine folks ... keep sticking to the rules and stay safe! xx

Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Well, really? As many of you will know I am 75 on 31st December and many of my neighbours and I love to venture outside and enjoy the sun, sit on park benches, walk the mutt and get about, probably more than our peers further north.
    The opinions expressed in my posts may not be made in a sound mind and should be taken in the spirit intended, Jack Daniels is fine.
    Some people see things as they are and ask why? I dream things that never were and ask, why not?” JFK

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter View Post
    Well, really? As many of you will know I am 75 on 31st December and many of my neighbours and I love to venture outside and enjoy the sun, sit on park benches, walk the mutt and get about, probably more than our peers further north.

You have a problem-solving brain, everyone on this forum has. I urge you to watch some of Dr Campbell's videos, where the same problem solving techniques are used (explained) in a medical context. I find them to be fascinating.
    The Vitamin D correlation to Covid is explained in detail, it is a compex picture, but the evidence is pretty strong on this.

https://www.youtube.com/c/Campbellteaching/videos

Just going to continue with the bleach injections