Thread: And so it begins.........

And so it begins.........

So the top half of my Beetle was, for the last few years, a Sandrail (pic attached), hopefully.
    That has now gone and I’m back to the floorpan displayed earlier. A nice basis for the Nova.
    for those interested it’s a ‘76 IRS with a 2.0 normally aspirated Subaru Boxer engine, a Subarugears gearbox, American Racing driveshafts, Eibach coilovers, Compbrake pedal box, hydraulic clutch, Earls brake and clutch pipes, uprated bearings, bespoke exhaust, twin oxygen sensors, new Sytec fuel pump, filter and pipes, bespoke wiring loom including transponder and immobiliser, new front callipers, new clutch, Momo steering wheel, Digidash lite telemetry.
    next step is to place the MK1 body on the floorpan and get the jigsaw out!!
    the windscreen is good fortunately. My local supplier wanted £700 +VAT!
    more to come....

Interesting spec, sounds similar to a few on here who went (or are going) down the Subaru Engine and Gearbox route, IRS, compbrake etc.. (including myself).

Would be great to see some more detailed photos of it, including the exhaust and oxygen sensor placement (as I've not got that far yet on my scooby Nova).

I’ll get some more detailed pic’s. The exhaust may well need altering though. In the Sandrail I had endless amounts of room to play with. I suspect the body may need altering too just to get around the engine.
    not sure if you’ve looked into Subarugears gearbox. Amazingly good and 5 speed but horrendously expensive as the internals have to be reversed.

D9955F71-BF31-4183-97C3-D7467D14DABA.jpgB21B3117-6E25-4962-809E-D3BBA63ACEA2.jpg435E7B86-4DED-4590-8AFC-ED511605D868.jpg5FB84F93-4A7D-4179-8AD3-59443333DF85.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by islandman View Post
    Interesting spec, sounds similar to a few on here who went (or are going) down the Subaru Engine and Gearbox route, IRS, compbrake etc.. (including myself).

Would be great to see some more detailed photos of it, including the exhaust and oxygen sensor placement (as I've not got that far yet on my scooby Nova).

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Nice update, look forward to following the build.
    Keep the updates coming.