Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Old-school build log from 1982 ...

  1. #1
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    London
    Posts
    1,482
    Blog Entries
    1

    Old-school build log from 1982 ...

    Some off you old-school guys might enjoy this Nova Build from the early 80's,
    the show pages are worth a look as well.

    https://www.privatevillainspain.com/NOVAINTRO.htm

  2. #2
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Some off you old-school guys might enjoy this Nova Build from the early 80's,
    the show pages are worth a look as well.

    https://www.privatevillainspain.com/NOVAINTRO.htm
    Thanks for sharing this Steve. I really enjoyed it!

    His car was completed in 1983, the same year mine was. I recognize a couple of the other Novas in the show photos towards the end, so I'll drop him a line and invite him to have a look at what's going on in the Forum.

    Cheers,
    Alistair

  3. #3
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    East Riding
    Posts
    1,741
    nice find.

    Dirk

  4. #4
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Bicester Oxon
    Posts
    531
    Nice build thread... takes me back `¬)

  5. #5
    Euro-Nova Founder bobbybrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,932
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Thanks for sharing this Steve. I really enjoyed it!

    His car was completed in 1983, the same year mine was. I recognize a couple of the other Novas in the show photos towards the end, so I'll drop him a line and invite him to have a look at what's going on in the Forum.

    Cheers,
    Alistair
    Paid off Alistair, I’ve just created his account! Good work.

  6. #6
    ***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    St Andrews, Scotland
    Posts
    1,953
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    Paid off Alistair, I’ve just created his account! Good work.
    Excellent Dan, thanks.

  7. #7

    Hello all

    Hi All,

    I thought I was on my own and that the Nova was just a thing of the past and none had survived, I’m glad I was wrong.

    I decided to ‘archive’ my build to the internet at the start of lockdown for something to do and I wasn’t sure how long the photos would last in the album.

    I’d like someone’s permission to add the Forum to my website and if anyone has any old 80’s photos they’d like adding to the SHOWS page please feel free to send them through with perhaps a bit of text about the image.

    All the best,

    Mick

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hi All,

    I thought I was on my own and that the Nova was just a thing of the past and none had survived, I’m glad I was wrong.

    I decided to ‘archive’ my build to the internet at the start of lockdown for something to do and I wasn’t sure how long the photos would last in the album.

    I’d like someone’s permission to add the Forum to my website and if anyone has any old 80’s photos they’d like adding to the SHOWS page please feel free to send them through with perhaps a bit of text about the image.

    All the best,

    Mick
    Good to hear from you Mick, hope you are keeping well. Any updates on the build?

  9. #9
    Senior Member Phill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Livingston (Scotland)
    Posts
    1,574
    Well done Mick - nice to see such a well documented site. And it brings back memories for me too as I built my first car in 1984 but thankfully didn't experience any of the quality issues you had from Nova Kit cars - presumably by the time I bought my kit from them a couple of years later they had resolved these quality issues.

    It's from looking at sites like this that my desire for Nova was re-ignited and of course I spent the last few years building my current car which is now on the road.

    You know what you have to do now don't you? That's right - BUILD ANOTHER NOVA
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

    http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns


  10. #10
    Euro-Nova Founder bobbybrown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Tamworth, Staffordshire, UK
    Posts
    4,932
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hi All,

    I thought I was on my own and that the Nova was just a thing of the past and none had survived, I’m glad I was wrong.

    I decided to ‘archive’ my build to the internet at the start of lockdown for something to do and I wasn’t sure how long the photos would last in the album.

    I’d like someone’s permission to add the Forum to my website and if anyone has any old 80’s photos they’d like adding to the SHOWS page please feel free to send them through with perhaps a bit of text about the image.

    All the best,

    Mick
    Permission granted

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •