Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old-school build log from 1982 ...

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries

Old-school build log from 1982 ...

Some off you old-school guys might enjoy this Nova Build from the early 80's,
    the show pages are worth a look as well.

https://www.privatevillainspain.com/NOVAINTRO.htm

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steve View Post
    Some off you old-school guys might enjoy this Nova Build from the early 80's,
    the show pages are worth a look as well.

https://www.privatevillainspain.com/NOVAINTRO.htm
    Thanks for sharing this Steve. I really enjoyed it!

His car was completed in 1983, the same year mine was. I recognize a couple of the other Novas in the show photos towards the end, so I'll drop him a line and invite him to have a look at what's going on in the Forum.

Cheers,
    Alistair

nice find.

Dirk

Nice build thread... takes me back `¬)

Quote Originally Posted by BlueNova View Post
    Thanks for sharing this Steve. I really enjoyed it!

His car was completed in 1983, the same year mine was. I recognize a couple of the other Novas in the show photos towards the end, so I'll drop him a line and invite him to have a look at what's going on in the Forum.

Cheers,
    Alistair
    Paid off Alistair, I’ve just created his account! Good work.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbybrown View Post
    Paid off Alistair, I’ve just created his account! Good work.
    Excellent Dan, thanks.

Hello all

Hi All,

I thought I was on my own and that the Nova was just a thing of the past and none had survived, I’m glad I was wrong.

I decided to ‘archive’ my build to the internet at the start of lockdown for something to do and I wasn’t sure how long the photos would last in the album.

I’d like someone’s permission to add the Forum to my website and if anyone has any old 80’s photos they’d like adding to the SHOWS page please feel free to send them through with perhaps a bit of text about the image.

All the best,

Mick

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hi All,

I thought I was on my own and that the Nova was just a thing of the past and none had survived, I’m glad I was wrong.

I decided to ‘archive’ my build to the internet at the start of lockdown for something to do and I wasn’t sure how long the photos would last in the album.

I’d like someone’s permission to add the Forum to my website and if anyone has any old 80’s photos they’d like adding to the SHOWS page please feel free to send them through with perhaps a bit of text about the image.

All the best,

Mick
    Good to hear from you Mick, hope you are keeping well. Any updates on the build?

Well done Mick - nice to see such a well documented site. And it brings back memories for me too as I built my first car in 1984 but thankfully didn't experience any of the quality issues you had from Nova Kit cars - presumably by the time I bought my kit from them a couple of years later they had resolved these quality issues.

It's from looking at sites like this that my desire for Nova was re-ignited and of course I spent the last few years building my current car which is now on the road.

You know what you have to do now don't you? That's right - BUILD ANOTHER NOVA
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

Quote Originally Posted by Mick View Post
    Hi All,

All the best,

Mick
    Permission granted