Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: restoring mk1

restoring mk1

Hi all. Bought my nova about 1 year ago ,had to strip it down to bare chassis (1 floor missing other full of holes) put new floor pans in , copper brake pipes, shocks all round, engine missing, odd wheels, original seats and 1 tatty seat cover to start .

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Blog Entries
    Hi Barry, Welcome to the forum, good to hear about your build, most of us purchased cars requiring full-on rebuilds so you're in good company mate.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** BlueNova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry Holden View Post
    Hi all. Bought my nova about 1 year ago ,had to strip it down to bare chassis (1 floor missing other full of holes) put new floor pans in , copper brake pipes, shocks all round, engine missing, odd wheels, original seats and 1 tatty seat cover to start .
    Hi Barry, and welcome to the Forum! Sounds like you’ve already done a fair amount since you got your Nova. Would be great to see some photos of your build. If you get stuck with any aspects I’m sure you’ll get lots of help and advice on here.
    Alistair

Hi Barry - welcome to the forum. It's great to hear there's yet another project on the go. Send your details to Alistair (Blue Nova) he's taken on responsibility for keeping a record of owners and their cars (see owners database). Please let's see some photos? And now you must start a thread showing your car re-build. It's the law
    "The most beautiful kit car in the world - Motor"

http://stores.lulu.com/rightsigns

***Euro-Nova Supporter***
    Hi Barry welcome to the forum. Lots of fun and some frustration ahead of you, you will find lots of help and advice here if you need it.

Dirk

Barry, glad to see you managed to get registered in the end, and as others have said its good to start off with any photos you have showing us what your starting point was and what progress has been made.

You can use https://vgy.me/ to host photos, its free and simple to use and also provides the correctly formatted URL's with tags for each photo for bulletin boards like this.

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Hi Barry, welcome to the forum!

Having the original seat shells for a Mk1 is actually very rare, given that most were changed for aftermarket items. Are they ADD era low-back or the later Elam seats with the integral "tombstone" headrests (like the ones below)?

There again, I think the very last Elam Mk1's had aftermarket seats anyway, as the VW floorpan modification was well established by then (1981), which afforded a little more headroom (but still not enough ).

Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!

Thanks for your messages, how do I put photos on please

***Euro-Nova Supporter*** Spacenut's Avatar
    Nice! ADD Mk1 seats

...And a Mk4 dashboard

Your interior looks to be in good shape, with the chassis work done how far are you from getting on the road?

Lauren
    only Pythagoras can save me now!